Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, February 15, 2006



Another sunrise picture from my Florida vacation! It's like I didn't sleep while I was there.

I really need to take new pictures. And start leading a more interesting life.

Anyhow, a short anecdote, sorta. My coworker Elly just returned from a trip to Chicago (she went to Northwestern - she actually was supposed to return on Sunday but got snowed in until Monday - we're going to have to stop using that excuse around here, since I've already used it before). As I do whenever anyone I know goes to Chicago, I told her to bring back something that you can only get there (I find this request amusing, though I'm sure it's lost on most people - I don't really NEED something from Chicago, because I can always get it myself the next time I'm there, and it's the only place other than Ithaca that I go with any sense of regularity). She brought me back a pen that says Wrigley Field on it. :-)

Also, she brought in what she referred to as lollipops. I then referred to them as suckers, and she laughed. I then explained that what she brought in are suckers, and the "big ones" are lollipops, to which she exclaimed that her friends from school say the same thing, so I guess it's a regional quirk thing. Anyhow, for those of you who might care, here is the difference:

Sucker: any hard candy on a stick where you can fit the entire piece of candy in your mouth (and suck on it - hence the name). They are usually spherical, but not always. DumDums, Blowpops, Chupa Chups, etc... all fit into this category.

Lollipop: any hard candy on a stick that is too big to fit in your mouth. "As big as your head" is a reasonable lollipop size (okay, maybe smaller than that). They are usually (but not always) flat and have been made by spiraling a long cylinder-shaped piece of candy. They are often found at amusement parks.

Wikipedia says lollipop and sucker can be used interchangeably, but they lie. At least they give credit to my side of the debate. :-)

Anyhow, I've totally run out of things to say. This isn't surprising to me, because I've taken to spending significant time doing NOTHING. Like, sitting on my couch, not looking at things on the internet, doing nothing. Before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning. And then I'm TIRED. I should really cut out this time and sleep more. It would probably help my productivity.

 Posted by Picasa


- Lizzardie, at 11:30 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com