Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, January 10, 2006



No, this does not mean that I'm done with the holiday vacation pictures. Just thought I'd take a break, since there are also knitting pictures to post.

This is the scarf that I gave Susan for Christmas. It's called a Windy City Scarf, and the pattern can be found in the Stitch 'n Bitch book.

Just to be thorough though (since I can't actually post the pattern), here are the additional details:

Yarn: 1 skein each of Rowan Kid Classic (70% lambswool, 26% kid mohair, 4% nylon) 828 (feather) and 845 (batter) (I THINK on this last one - can't find the tag)
Needles: Size 9
I don't remember how long it ended up being. Or how wide.

This, and the coif I gave Kristen (pictures coming soon), were the first received knitted presents I made. I have some others finished and just waiting to be sent out, and there are of course others in the works. Susan and Kristen both claimed to like their gifts, and I do hope they did (the compliments seemed genuine). It's a nice feeling, because I think they are really the first homemade gifts I've given to friends, and other than cookies, the first homemade gifts that didn't seem cheesy. I don't want to force my new hobby onto other people, but at the same time, knitting makes you want to give, and I feel like I have the ability to create some nice things.

Of course, after all of the gift giving is done, I'm going to have to start making some fabulous things for myself (without letting the hobby get out of hand moneywise). I already have a few ideas....

 Posted by Picasa

- Lizzardie, at 10:57 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com