Words of Lizzardie




Sunday, January 08, 2006

No picture today. I have more from my vacation, and I'll resume posting those tomorrow.

Last night there were many picture-worthy moments, but I always failed to get the camera out too late. :-( We went out to Tasca in Brighton for Susan's birthday dinner (me, Susan, Jeff, Kristen, Cheryl and John). The food was yummy and the sangria was delicious. Afterwards, we all went to Jeff's where we all watched the football game with Herb (the other three girls and I arrived before Jeff and John did, so I'm sure Herb, decked in Patriots things, was oh so pleased to answer the door and have 4 women walk in 3 minutes before the game started!). There was also Chinese Rummy, which I did not play (seemed awfully complicated to me), shotglass chess, where Herb could have slaughtered me but chose to respectfully beat me instead, and lots of red wine (we put wine in the shot glasses, and you had to drink when you took an oponent's piece, which would seem to even the playing field if that was even possible given the difference between mine and Herb's skill levels). There was also much Christmas present exchanging, which was nice.

Today I have done nothing. I often forget that I cannot leave my errands to Sunday, because nothing is open on Sunday. So there was grocery shopping and cooking dinner (ostrich filets marinated in red wine, roasted sweet potato wedges with saffron aioli and green peas - it's all still cooking so I'll have to tell you the results later). And I start walking again tonight! I know it's cold, and my ankle is still sore, but I need to get back in the swing of thing. Just as soon as I eat.

Of course, I haven't eaten anything all day (for the most part), so I'm STARVING. Which is why I am posting - it's taking my mind off of the hunger pains. :-) Now back to cooking....

- Lizzardie, at 6:27 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com