Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, January 05, 2006



It's a sponge tree!

Tarpon Springs, FL, which is where I was for my vacation, is best known for its sponge docks. There are... sponge people... who go out onto boats and harvest sponges. And then they sell them. So you can go to the sponge docks and buy sponges and other touristy Florida things. There's also a very large Greek population there, which I did not remember from my previous visits (the last of which was 9 years ago, so maybe that's part of it) but Demetri even knew that. My dad ended up getting a bunch of sponges in his stocking, because my mom will buy them for him to paint with. That's the only use I know of (other than decoration) for a sea sponge.

It's very early. Or at least, it feels that way. I've been up for the last hour and a half, unable to sleep. Now that I can't really go back to bed, I feel like I could fall asleep. I hate that. Instead, I will get dressed and go get coffee and then go to work. Tonight is the company holiday "party." I wish I felt a little better this morning (i.e., not hungover, as is the norm for Thursday mornings), but it's my own fault. The first part of the celebration is ice skating, which I'm not going to, due to ankle issues (it's getting better every day, but ice skating is dangerous as it is), and then we're going to some bar downtown. I'll probably come back here, so that I can take the T into the city, because I hate driving in downtown Boston and I know I'll want to be able to just take the T back. The flaw in this plan is that when I drive home, I'm so not going to want to leave. So I'll have to force myself out the door.

Of course, that's what I have to do every morning, so I'm sure I'll be able to handle it.

 Posted by Picasa

- Lizzardie, at 7:28 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com