Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, January 26, 2006


It's my Clapotis scarf! :-)

I took a picture of it like this so that hopefully you can see the stitch definition. Here are the details:

Pattern: It was adopted from the Clapotis pattern on Knitty and the Mini Clapotis pattern on Kpixie.com.
Yarn: Ornaghi Filati Bazar (100% Egyptian Cotton), less than 2 balls (same as Kristen's coif)
Needles: Size 9

I'm really looking forward now to making the full Clapotis with Noro Silk Garden as soon as it arrives. The yarn I used is cotton and very pink, so making the full Clapotis here wouldn't have made sense (cotton is too heavy and this isn't my color). Plus, I didn't have enough of this yarn.

I realized this morning when I was uploading this picture to my computer that I never took a picture of the wine cozy I made for Herb's birthday. Here are the details anyway:

Pattern: From Knitty, of course.
Needles: Size 5, I think? I might have used 4's, but I think it was 5's.
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease (20% wool, 80% acrylic) in Forest Heather (same yarn I used for the Magic Scarf, way back when), less than 1 skein (I used leftovers). Also made tassels out of Rowan Kid Classic (lambswool, 26% kid mohair, 4% nylon) in 828 (feather) (same yarn as for the white part of Susan's Windy City Scarf). I was also going to monogram it with Herb's initials, but I didn't like the way it was turning out.

I'm sure I'll make another wine cozy some day (because they're cute!). Maybe I'll make a bunch of the red ones with the grapes and leaves. Or at least I'll make one of those. :-)

Also, I recently posted a picture of my hat, without giving any details. It's the same yarn as my scarf (Bernat Envy in Luscious Red) and the same needle size (US 15). It was knit in the round, which meant switching from knit to purl every repitition to get garter stitch. I cast on 36 stitches, I believe, and then just kept putting it on until it was long enough. Other than switching between knit and purl to get the stitch I want, I basically used the Crazy Aunt Purl "recipe" found here.

Okay, I think I'm up-to-date on my knitting projects now. This post was probably incredibly boring for all of you. :-)

I would like to say that if anyone wants anything knit for them, I'm more than happy to do it at this point. You'd just have to pay for materials (yarn, at least), because it adds up quickly! But it would be fun for me! :-)

Here's hoping the rest of my Ebay yarn arrives today!

 Posted by Picasa


- Lizzardie, at 10:50 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com