Words of Lizzardie




Monday, January 23, 2006


It's a hat that matches my scarf! :-) I finally moved the picture from camera to computer.

I've been working from home today due to snow. Yes, I am a wimp. It was snowing this morning and I just didn't feel like driving in it. If it had stopped snowing earlier, I would have still gone in but at this point it's not worth it. Just as well - the project that would have taken me all day in the office was finished just after noon. The increased productivity is probably due to guilt for staying home, less distractions from people, and more constant distraction from the television. It's amazing what gets me to actually do something.

I've been watching the news all day, which is what I do when I work from home. Highlights include the following quote about Ford: "They lost more than a billion dollars in the last year. You just can't keep doing business like that." Duh. Also, I just watched a car chase - the tire was about to fly off (you could tell it was bald) so the guy stopped, I guess, and they showed him being arrested. And as soon as that was over (that was in San Diego somewhere), they switched to another high-speed chase in L.A.! The great part about this one - the guy just stopped to let someone out of the car and then kept going. I just don't understand the mind of a criminal.

They just said that sometimes these people go to a neighborhood that's familiar to them and try and hide in a house. "Yeah, that's really not successful, partly because of the helicopter flying overhead." Yeah.

Anyhow. Weekend was pretty dull, but I did manage to buy yarn and make a scarf for Emilee's birthday. That leaves me to 5 scarvest to make for family members, with materials for 1 1/2 already purchased. Still waiting for all of the yarn I ordered on Ebay to arrive (though I suppose some of it could have come today and I wouldn't know, since I'm not at work).

Car chases are over. I should go back to trying to work. :-)

Posted by Picasa


- Lizzardie, at 4:07 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com