Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I have new pictures, but I'm not sure exactly where my camera cord is. It's definitely not with me right now, so they'll have to wait.

Instead, you'll get a brief recap of the weekend's events, and maybe some details on things where no photos were taken. :-)

Thursday evening: Kathy and Corinne came over for Tome Review Board drinking meeting. We ordered pizza. There was wine. Susan brought Dan by, fresh from the airport.

Friday: I took the day off. Dan and I went to Salem. Later, Susan and Patrick joined us at my apartment, where we watched Alias, ate Red Bones and played Apples to Apples. There was wine.

Saturday: New knitting needles. MFA. Sushi at Susan's coworker's apartment. There was wine. Apples to Apples.

Sunday: Brunch at Ryles. Whole Foods. BOSTON WINE EXPO. Fondue. There was wine. Grey's Anatomy.

Monday: I had to go back to work and wanted to die. I went to bed right after 24, at 10pm, and didn't get up this morning until 9am, because I'm that lazy.

Anyhow, the most interesting story was about the Boston Wine Expo, at least for me. :-D We went to brunch at Ryles in Inman Square, only to be seated at a table right next to Kate and Alex and friends. They saw Susan first, then Dan and finally me. Kate got up, gave me a big hug, and then presented me with 2 tickets to the Boston Wine Expo!

This was incredibly exciting, but presented a little bit of a dilemna, since I was with Dan and Susan, and there were only 2 tickets. We quickly decided that we would purchase a third ticket and split the cost (they are $70 apiece normally, which is the reason I have never gone and was not planning on going this year). So we ate brunch, decided to move fondue to Susan's, went to Whole Foods to purchase fondue ingredients, put everything away and then headed to the Expo, which was at the World Trade Center. After scurrying around trying to find where to buy a ticket, we were nearly there when someone handed us 4 additional free tickets! It was our lucky day! There was so much wine tasting that occurred, and in only an hour and a half, too (it took us awhile to get there, and the event closed at 5).

I didn't taste wine properly - writing down what I was tasting, what it tasted like, etc... It was kinda crowded and just getting through to get some wine in your glass could be difficult. I do have the book with a list of who was there, though, so I'm sure I could find anything I found to be amazing (and in all honesty, the wines were yummy, but there was nothing ultra expensive that I saw).

After wine tasting there was fondue. We made cheddar beer fondue, meat fondue (where you heat the oil up and then cook the cubed beef pieces directly in it) and honey almond chocolate fondue (which called for Toblerone, but we couldn't find at Whole Foods). And of course more wine - Finger Lakes Reisling, 2001 Chianti Classico Riserva that I've had for awhile and the honey wine I bought over the summer from Montezuma - it went well with the honey in the chocolate. After dinner we watched Grey's Anatomy, and by then I was in a complete wine haze (which is not a bad thing, but did require me to go back home). And that was the end of Dan's visit, since he flew back yesterday.

Yesterday was a complete blur. Due to the wine haze that made me need to go to bed, I didn't actually sleep well. I was tempted to just go to sleep yesterday after work, but I made it through 24. I may go to bed early tonight, too (I really don't want to cook anything).

I did read this in Cleolinda's Livejournal today. I'm considering entering, but I had told myself I wouldn't buy anymore yarn until I used up everything I have now. The only problem is that everything I have now seems easily doable in 16 days (sans other projects). Maybe I'll do Cleaves for that, since that will be something totally different for me (girl who has only made scarves, a hat, a coif and a wine cozy) and the yarn finally arrived (got it yesterday). Another option would be Fuzzy Feet, since I've never made socks before. I'd have to buy yarn, but Spark has the required yarn in the color I want (periwinkle, to match my robe), and it's not terribly expensive.

I'll have to think on this.

- Lizzardie, at 12:06 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com