Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, November 17, 2005



More from Philadelphia. This is favorite picture from the trip. I mean, how could you not love this view (from the steps of the art museum)? And it's dusk on the most perfect fall day EVER. *Sigh.* If I wasn't already totally in love with Boston, I'd fall in love with Philadelphia. Maybe Philly can be my mistress (assuming cities are female, because I don't know the male word for mistress).

In other news, here is an email chain between Susan and myself today. I think it's self-explanatory about our craziness (and no, it appears neither of us actually gets any work done after we both get to work at obscenely late hours):

Susan, 10:18am

I would like to sit on my ass, drink wine, and do crafty things this Friday while watching a movie. I plan on making earrings, origami or knitting, or just playing with glue and paper. Please join me if you are free for a night of just hanging out. :-)

Susan

(Yes, boys are allowed this time.)

Liz, 10:51am

Oooooh, me, me!

I should probably stay home and pack and clean, but I would much rather sit and knit and drink wine. :-P

Let me know what time and if you would like me to bring a bottle of wine. Or two. :-D

Susan, 10:54am

pack and clean?

Liz, 11:46am

Hehehe, I'm not moving. :-P

I am, however, flying out to Chicago on Saturday, for 6 miserable (I mean, fun, super fun!) days with my family. Hence the packing. The cleaning is because I do not want to leave my roommate with a messy kitchen/living room/foyer while I'm gone, and think it's the right thing to do.

But the knitting - the knitting makes me not want to do anything else. I'm totally obsessed now. I'm even reading knitting blogs at work, while I can't knit. This is my favorite: http://www.crazyauntpurl.com. She's awesome. She also drinks a lot of wine.

Wait until you see my mistake-filled-but-nevertheless-awesome-because-you-can't-really-see-the-mistakes-since-it's-so-fuzzy red scarf. :-P I'm going to make a hat next I think. Or maybe another scarf. And I taught myself how to purl! This will be necessary for the hat. And the next scarf.

There's totally something wrong with me.

Susan, 1:24pm

That's how I've been with making earrings lately. Completely and totally obsessed... problem is, it's wreaking havoc with my budget! :-p But it's fun. At work I look up how to roast turkeys.

I thought you were flying out the 18th?

Your rcn email is still bouncing.

Liz, 1:46pm

18th of December for Christmas, 19th of November for Thanksgiving (I'm traveling CRAZY).

Damn RCN. I hate them.

Posted by Picasa


- Lizzardie, at 2:52 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com