Words of Lizzardie




Sunday, June 05, 2005

Despite it being the last thing I want to do right now (okay, not entirely true, but you get the point), here's the "move" story: I moved. :-P

Uhh, more details... last Friday, Jamie and I finally (it seems like it took forever but I guess not) got the keys to our new apartment. And it's beautiful. Of course not perfect (some ripped screens, a broken pane of glass, the faucet in the kitchen not working right) but I love it. :-) So Friday night we cleaned, Saturday we both moved boxes of stuff via car, and Sunday we moved the big stuff (furniture) and the rest of it all. The one big hassle was that there was a parade (!) on Sunday right down Highland Ave.... this might not seem to make a difference to most of you who don't live here, but let me add in the context that you have to either cross or turn onto Highland Ave to get anywhere via car from my aparment... and that it is directly in the path of the two apartments. So yeah, due to this, we were 40 minutes late returning the U-Haul, but since their computers were down at that time, it doesn't really matter. :-) Monday and Tuesday were mass amounts of unpacking, and then Wednesday back to work.

Moving is very expensive, by the way. I have spent so much money on this apartment, and I've only lived here a week (6 nights sleeping here, that's it). Tuesday consisting of me buying furniture - a TV stand and a desk - that are unfinished, so today (when the pieces were delivered 8 days early, wow) I had to go out and buy stain and all the materials. I'm hoping to get the desk done tomorrow. Or at least most of the way done. Plus there are the little things like contact paper (if you'd seen our drawers, you'd understand) and towels and rugs... you get the idea. Of course, I got cable/internet hooked up right away, even though I've pretty much cut out TV viewing (necessity, given how much it had taken over my life in the previous weeks). And I ordered end tables on Thursday, also unfinished. The end tables and TV stand will be finished in red mahogany, to match Jamie's bookshelf, and the desk will be finished in cherry, to match my diploma frames.

Other than that, so it goes. I got my security deposit back today, which was exciting. Today was the first beautiful spring/summer day for my enjoyment, actually. It was the first weekend day where it's been warm and no rain this year - I can't believe it's taken so long. I headed to Back Bay, to try and find a shower gift for Jaclyn.... I ended up instead buying a dress for the wedding (but I ordered a shower gift when I got home). I also bought all of the necessary staining stuff - what a fun project this will be (I'm actually scared to death that I'm going to screw it up, but there's always painting if it doesn't work!). And then I spent 3 1/2 hours dealing with a friend. Okay, the last part was definitely not part of the day's plan, but it had to be done.

And now I have a lot on my mind, including something that others see as essential to who I am... and it's not a good thing. It really really hurt to hear it all, though I know it wasn't intended that way and actually comes from someone who cares about me. I'm trying to figure out where to go from here.

Where to go from here starts with sleep (because that's how my "process-oriented" brain is going to choose how to do things).

- Lizzardie, at 1:24 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com