Words of Lizzardie




Sunday, May 22, 2005

It might be a good time to do an update, even though I only really want to sleep right now.

I went to the eye doctor last Saturday. I guess I can see better, although it feels a little weird. I'm not sure if they got it quite right, maybe increasing the prescription in the left eye a little too much. They told me that I shouldn't wear each pair of contacts for longer than 2 weeks.... yeah, like I'm going to stop that any time soon. I've been doing that for 9 1/2 years, so I have no plans to change my ways. I do need to go and pick up my contacts sometime soon, though.

I move soon. Specifically, Jamie and I have reserved a van for moving things next Sunday, so that's the date I give for the official move, as that's when we'll be moving my stuff. Packing is slow, but getting there. I think if I can clear out my desk and another bookshelf today and get them out of my room, I'll be doing well. Jamie and I are going to walk through the apartment on Friday to assign rooms and make sure it's clean, and then I'll probably move in a lot of boxes on Saturday. That's also when I'll move things that won't get packed per say, like all of the clothes hanging in my closet, so I'm not too worried about the state things are in. I am a little worried about packing the kitchen, but so it goes. And, I've taken off Tuesday of next week so that I can be there for the cable/internet guy, and for just general unpacking relaxing.... no, a 3-day weekend wasn't good enough for me.

This week was so-so. There was something (an email, to be exact) that has been bothering me all week (well, since Tuesday morning). However, also on Tuesday I got some really good news at work. My boss and I had been pitching reports to a former client, and even though everyone thought it was a long shot that we'd get the account back (less than 20%), we did! Even the way my boss told me was great - she walked into the conference room while I was in there for a discussion meeting and told me that I had won the account. Plus, soon after that, the CEO personally congratulated me, and then he congratulated both of us (with round of applause) in a company meeting. Responsibilities growing with these proposals and by having so much input on the development of the consumer-generated media (read: blogs and message boards) push makes me happy.

The one thing that makes me really sad right now is that I don't get to go to Vegas. I had been looking forward to it, until the expenses of the move just made it impossible. I do hope everyone else has a good time, though, and I look forward to seeing most of them either before or after they go anyhow.

All right, now I think I will try and get back to sleep. It's Sunday, after all!

- Lizzardie, at 8:50 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com