Words of Lizzardie




Monday, May 09, 2005

I want to go to bed, but since it's still a little early, I figured I could blog for awhile. :-)

Note: Thus far, my blog does not come up in our blog database at work, which is very good. :-)

Anyhow, I went to Ithaca this weekend. As I was walking up the steps to the house when I got in Friday night, people were going out to the bars, so it started there. I do hate Dino's, though. Saturday... such a beautiful Ithaca day. I mean, seriously, there aren't that many of them and it was so perfect and made me so happy, particularly because I knew that it was miserable in Boston. There was induction at Taughannock - one of the best Inductions I've been to (and it's been a lot). I know a lot of people do not enjoy Induction at all, but I think that it is so important and it was so nice to see it go off so well. Formal was also nice, at the Ramada, though my dress broke - twice. Ugh. I really like that dress, too - the peach flower silk one. One of the loops that holds the straps in its criss-cross thingy broke and it was sad (also made me think I was going to flash people but I didn't - the first fix was with a safety pin and the second one was with a sewing kit). The party... not so fun because I had a migraine. I ended up passed out on Julie's bed on the third floor for over an hour, so I was definitely not the life of the party.

I discovered this weekend that ginger ale + flavored vodka = good.

Sunday I finally got to go to Ruloff's for brunch which was super exciting, though my meal was rushed because of a meeting with Eboard. We talked about fun incorporation/tax stuff and it's nice to have caught them up to speed. Afterwards I played poker for a few hours with the old crew (minus Karen plus Scott) - it was nice to be playing again and I didn't lose any money (also didn't win any money but that's okay). During that time, Morgan threw a surprise party for Rob... I do not know how she pulled it off without him knowing, because he was in the hallway as people were walking in to congregate in the dining room. It was a nice little set up - chocolate fondue with strawberries, Italian cookies and marshmallows, strawberry shortcake, and champagne punch. I shouldn't have been drinking champagne punch right before I left, but I did. I think I had more alcohol Sunday afternoon than any other time during the weekend.

I ended up leaving my jacket there, which is sad. Now I will be without my red cordoroy jacket that I wear everywhere.

Everyone loved my shoes and didn't think that the tan ones are actually comfortable. I think they believed that the black ones hurt like hell (not to mention digging into the soft earth at the park during Induction).

Anyhow, I got back to Boston a little after 11, which is plenty of time to sleep normally, but I was exhausted, so not enough sleep - hence wanting to go to bed early today.

Work was interesting today. Dan and his friend Dan were in town for interviews - in fact, the Dan I don't know interviewed at my company, which was a little strange. I even got to interview him. Afterwards, Dan H (who I know) took quite a bit longer at his interview, so Dan C ended up just sitting watching me work for awhile. I felt bad, but had stuff to do. I tried to keep him entertained as long as possible. When Dan H finally showed up, we went out to lunch... I took them to Not Your Average Joe's, on Jeff's (from work) recommendation. It was really good. They had this awesome bread that they served in this oil-garlic-parmesan combo, to start. And then I had Chicken Oscar, which had chicken (duh), scallops, shrimp, mushrooms and artichoke hearts in some sauce on top of cous cous served with green beans. Yum. And not terribly expensive, either (with nice portions). Dan (H) thinks I have this nice ability to find these quirky good places to eat - I just think that there are a lot of them around.

After work, we had our "Spring Outting" which was combined with a going away celebration for an employee who'll be off to Harvard Business School. Open bar + yummy snacks is always fine with me. There, I found out that the CEO of my company wants to send me to some conference. I'm really surprised but kinda excited, too, even though that's all I know (my boss told me but didn't say anything else other than finding out what dates for me). Everyone asks me how my job is going, so I'll say this... lots of people know I talk on IM a lot and read news a lot and it doesn't seem like I'm doing a lot... and I feel guilty at times. But since I'm seeing my responsibilities grow, which is really exciting, I guess they're happy with me there, and I'm happy there, particularly because the people are so much fun.

And with that, I shall go to bed so that I can be nice and chipper for work tomorrow.

- Lizzardie, at 10:31 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com