Words of Lizzardie




Sunday, April 24, 2005

I'm a sucker. So much of a sucker that I should get an award for it.

Two things happened today. One is that I told my roommates that I'm moving out at the end of May. They took it so much better than I thought they would. They seemed shocked but not mad at all. They even asked me who I was moving in with, laughed when they found out it's another Jamie, asked me where we were looking and made sure it was okay for them to show my room. This is why I'm a sucker - I apologized profusely for doing this, even though I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I thought I'd feel so much less guilty than I do. But at least that part is out of the way.

The other thing that happened is that Jamie and I saw this fabulous apartment. I thought to look at apartments that are slightly above our maximum price, and this one fell into that area. So while it's more than we wanted to pay, there's no fee, so it would work out fine. I don't want to jinx our chances of getting it, but it's fabulous. No dishwasher, but everything else we could want - driveway parking, washer/dryer in the basement, HUGE rooms, living room, dining room... so much character Jamie and I both wanted to cry. One of the bedrooms has a window seat and two closets (making Jamie want to cry) and the other is huge - it's like the size of my parents' master bedroom and sitting room - it looks like two rooms - and has a walk-in closet, making me want to cry. Add in a built-in china cabinet in the dining room, bricked-in fireplace (but with mantel) and window detailing in the foyer.... the huge bedroom is up this awesome staircase... back yard... and seriously, it's DIRECTLY across the street from Tufts and no more than a 10 minute walk from Davis Square (we walked it today, so we know). I'm mailing in the applications tomorrow and Jamie and I are keeping are fingers crossed. You know how you feel when something is right? Well, that's how Jamie and I felt BEFORE we saw this place. It's amazing how much we wanted this particular place to work out - we were even talking about how great it would be if we had to cancel our upcoming appointments and Jamie wanted to make sure we had a checkbook with us when we went to see the place.

I hope we're not wrong about this, because for once maybe the pieces will fall into place for me.

- Lizzardie, at 11:05 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com