Words of Lizzardie




Friday, April 01, 2005

I tried to watch my new Casablanca DVD tonight and it wouldn't work. :-( Okay, it would work in the computer, but not on the "big screen" (if you can call my 27 inches a big screen). That makes me sad. :-(

I'm not sure what I'm doing this weekend. Tonight I've already spruced up my plants. They needed soil. I'm shocked that I've managed to keep 2 cacti, 2 aloe plants and a bamboo plant alive for... wow, 8 months on the bamboo and 6 1/2 on the others. Last weekend I started new seedlings. Hopefully they will be ready for bigger pots and the outdoors by mid to late May. I decided to go with mostly herbs this year... thyme, lavendar, mint and my personal favorite, purple basil. :-) I also chose to plant shasta daisies and riviera lilacs, for some flower fun. I considered planting baby's breath, but decided against it. I only have the six little containers, so maybe once these ones are ready to move into new homes, I'll plant different things, since I have quite a few more to chose from.... in addition to the baby's breath, I could plant blue mink ageratum, sweet pea or lemon basil. I wish I could grow a whole herb garden, because there's nothing like fresh herbs. Alas, that's a little difficult when you live in an apartment and move all the time. Hopefully the moving is over with for quite a while (well, at least another 14 months) so maybe my plants will live through the more quiet lifestyle this time.

Otherwise, I'm sure I'll find something to keep me busy (and not shopping) this weekend. If all else fails, there's always 18 more episodes of Alias, and then 88 episodes of The West Wing that could be watched... or lots of new movies! Yeah, yeah - I'm finally beefing up my DVD collection with movies I enjoy watching. In addition to Casablanca (which is defective and I'm going to exchange), I got The Wizard of Oz, The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban (I already have the second one), The Bourne Identity, and American History X (which I already have on tape but since I'd like to replace my pitiful VHS collection with DVDs, I started there). I also have Moulin Rouge and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind on its way. And Garden State is my next Netflix movie. I've been told more times than I can count (and I like counting) that I haven't seen any movies, so I don't feel guilty about catching up.

Tonight there's a headache. Which sucks. So maybe I'll just finish my glass of wine (Irpinia) and head on to bed....

- Lizzardie, at 10:51 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com