Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I told myself that I wouldn't get my hopes up, but of course I did. And so continues the saga of apartment hunting.

It's not that we haven't gotten the place. It's just that it's not looking as promising as I thought. We called tonight, because we wanted to make sure they got the application (mailed out yesterday, like we were told to do). The guy had just gotten home from work, and told us that he had other applications and had started making calls on them already. Oy. We don't even know how other people got applications in before us, as the place only went on the market at 4:00pm Saturday (and that's with the sign on the door, the craigslist posting wasn't until Sunday morning). Maybe they were able to fill them out then and there, I don't really know. But I'd think he would have told us that on Sunday. Argh. So it's not a no, but it's also not a yes. I seriously feel like I'm interviewing for jobs again, this is so stressful. At least I know my credit is good and I've always paid my landlords on time.

As for other options... we saw this cute place today. The kitchen is smaller but more modern, and the rooms are decent sized. It was pretty - not huge amounts of character but pretty on a pretty street, and the landlords live in the bottom apartment. Jamie and I both think we could be happy there, plus the rent is much much more affordable (not that we wouldn't make the awesome place work) - heat included.

We also met with a broker today who showed us a ton of places, but only one we really liked, and parking would be impossible, so it's not really an option. I'm done with impossible parking after Eddy Street.

I've begun to realize that the things I wanted from a college apartment and was willing to put up with for a year are very different from the things that I want in a place I hope to be in for a few years.

So we'll see. I'd really like to have this taken care of by the end of the week to guarantee my Ithaca trip (speaking of college things...).

- Lizzardie, at 10:12 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com