Words of Lizzardie




Sunday, April 03, 2005

I have become OBSESSED with the rooibos tea from Someday Cafe. Okay, maybe it doesn't deserve the caps, because it's not like I'm going there once a day (or more). It's more like once a week, and I don't feel bad about going for my 2 dollar tea, in that the walk to and from Davis Square is pleasant enough (particularly now that the weather is improving). Tonight, it was a very good excuse to get out of the house and get some fresh air. I've had a headache all weekend and it's the only thing that made me feel better.

Anyhow, so the tea. I couldn't put my finger on it, but it has this oh-so-delicious smell and taste that just makes me feel very happy. And I've had other rooibos before, so I know it's not JUST the rooibos. So today, while I was waiting for them to make my tea, I read the label on the container... it has hints of vanilla and orange in it. So of course it immediately hit me that what I love about it is that it's dreamsicle flavored! How exciting is that? I love those things, so of course, without knowing exactly what it was, I fell in love with the flavor. And I think that the fabulous Merlot I had a few weeks ago must have had some sort of vanilla and fruit flavor to it (it also had a mystery happy smell/taste), because it was the same sort of creamy goodness, except definitely not orange.

So, I of course want to buy this tea, because it's cheaper just to make it at home (or work, or for in the car, or...), but it doesn't appear that they sell their tea like 1369 does (I miss that place, but Someday's rooibos is better than theirs, and Someday also has Jasmine pearls, so there's nothing really to miss anymore - Someday is way better). But the tea container said where they get their tea from - which led me to googling it as soon as I got home. Mem Tea Imports - it's about a block from my apartment and I've never seen/heard of it until today! I'm going to figure out exactly where they are this week, and then probably go next Saturday (as I imagine they aren't open late, and I'll be getting home on the late side all week... all month really). Yay!

That literally was the most exciting part of my weekend. Well, okay, the Illini win was almost as good, but since it wasn't a close game, I can't say it tops this. But I do have to say that I love loving basketball again. :-) Now if only I could catch more Bulls games.

I also watched Garden State this weekend. FABULOUS. It was one of those movies that starts off a little strange and you're not sure where it's going, but it really comes together well at the end. And as I've heard, the soundtrack is amazing as well. This line from the movie really hit home with me, too:

"This hurts so much."
"Yeah, I know. But that is life. Nothing else, that's life, you know? It's real; sometimes it fucking hurts. But yeah, it's sort of all we have."

All right, that's all for the weekend. This week should be interesting... it's April, first month of the new quarter, which means I'll actually have to do stuff at work. Add to that the fact that Ian will be in town all week, so there should be some fun adventures with him and Karen. AND, my next Netflix selection is Sideways, which I've been dying to see (and everyone has told me I need to see) - hopefully I'll have that by the weekend so that I may watch!

- Lizzardie, at 8:20 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com