Words of Lizzardie




Friday, March 11, 2005

You might think that I feel pathetic about blogging on a Friday night, but the truth is I don't. I need this weekend to recuperate - I'm so so tired. I barely remember what it feels like to sleep in - really sleep in - and that's what I intend to do tomorrow. And then maybe Sunday I'll go shopping for a few spring wardrobe pieces.

Besides, today wasn't all bad - or at all bad. I did nothing at work, but no one cared. And then we had alcohol there. And some of you may have heard about our occasional wine and beer gatherings. We went all out this time, though - wine, beer, rum (with mojito mix), tequila (with margarita mix). I steered clear of the tequila (you should all know my aversion) but I did try out the mojito stuff and both wines. The mojito was not as good as my blueberry mojito last weekend, but I think I'd have to compare a "real" mojito with that. And the wines were decent (California pinot noir and Thorn Clarke Barossa Cuvee). So by the time I got home from work, I had already drunk enough to make me sleepy. So I ate dinner and watched a movie. And now here I am - just after 10pm - ready to go to bad.

I don't get movies. I don't know why, really. I mean, I'm more visual so you'd think that seeing things on the screen would excite me. And a really good movie does. But most of them just don't do it for me. I watched The Manchurian Candidate tonight (2004 version). I'd heard that it was quite good, that both versions are good. But for me.... it started off weird, then I was bored, then I was curious and finally I was confused. I just don't know what happened. I love a good movie where at the very end everything comes together to really shock you. Or something original and quirky. Those just seem few and far between though.

I've always been more into books. I was reading an op-ed piece, probably in The Chicago Tribune, about books. It was talking about how books aren't as good for adults as children, that they lose some of their luster. The analogy was that someone could never make coffee as good as when he fell in love with it. I have to agree. As much as I still love reading, it doesn't captivate me like it once did. When I was a kid, I could read for hours without having the slightest notion of what was going on around me. I can remember once reading a book on the living room couch. When I put it down, I found out all of these things had happened, right in front of me, while I was reading. I couldn't believe I was THAT engrossed. Now, nothing captivates me like that (except maybe sleep and even that's iffy). I get distracted so easily by the slightest noise or flash of light or color. I miss those days where something could have my complete attention instead of fighting with every other sense and thought.

Ahh well. Maybe it's sleep deprivation. And at least the Cornell Hockey Team (Let's. Go. Red.) SLAUGHTERED Clarkson (sucks!) tonight. I wish I could have been there - I hear it was a great game.

- Lizzardie, at 10:10 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com