Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, March 08, 2005

You know I don't have a lot to do when I update from work, because despite all of the news reading and online shopping and errandy things I do here, I like to draw the line at blogging. But my fellow analysts are in a meeting and I gotta admit, I'm quite bored right now. So blogging it is.

So, I have thought about blogging in the last few weeks, really I have. But I gotta say, my heart just hasn't been in it. There are other things I'd rather do, plus I've been feeling like I don't really say what I want to say here. And no one reads this. I've considered linking my blog places, such as Thefacebook or my AIM profile, but to be honest, right now I don't know that I want more people reading my blog. So I'm going to continue with the few but faithful readers I have now (if there are any still). I think that every blog I read has said this some time or another, so maybe my "I don't really feel like blogging because there are things I can't say and the things I can aren't interesting" phase will pass. You should, though, really check out Kat's blog, because I think it's super interesting, even though she just started it. Pretty random, but a fun read. I should tell her that, since I don't think she knows I read it. I'll fix that. And hopefully she won't mind me giving her a plug. :-)

Back to other things relating to me (because this is my blog, after all). I went skiing again a little over a week ago. I gotta tell you, I just love getting up at 5:00am to do this (not really). But it was a lot of fun and I feel that having gone twice this year has really helped my ability. This time, I took a lesson and learned how to ski parallel (major accomplishment - no more snow-plowing). I also only fell once (and only because someone collided with me) - if you know anything about my excursion back in January, you might be as excited about this as I am. Next year, I'd like to buy a real ski jacket, get the season rental thing and grand slam lift package for Mt. Loon (4 non-consecutive days of skiing during the season), use longer skis and take one or two more lessons. Perhaps in the winter after that I'll be so in love with skiing that I'll get a season pass and buy my own skis. :-) Susan and I also stopped at the NH State liquor store, where I purchased liquor to stock my supplies - Bombay Sapphire, Stoli, Stoli Vanil, Jameson and YET ANOTHER BOTTLE OF WINE. My wine purchasing problem is really getting out of hand.

This past weekend was another trip back to Ithaca. I love Ithaca, I really do, but I'd rather stick around Boston during the weekends. The trip just exhausts me. Anyhow, at least this trip was better than the one 2 weeks ago. It started on Thursday, and quite accidentally, earlier than I thought. Early afternoon on Thursday I managed to spill a cup of water onto my work laptop, which it did not take too well to. Everyone assured me that it probably just needed to dry, and so I took the afternoon off, putting me in Ithaca around 8:00pm (some fast driving made the trip into 5 hours). I just love the look of surprise on everyone's face when they don't know I'm going to be there. :-P So I watched The Apprentice with the people in the house and then went to Stella's to get drinks with Demetri - I had a Drunken Hemingway, my favorite, and a Blueberry Mojito, which was really yummy. The weekend was actually made fun by silly small group things like that, as opposed to the big events of the weekend - Initiation, the Banquet and the party. Friday I went to the mall and the wine store (complete with a free tasting and buying MORE WINE - yikes!) with Morgan, Diana and Demetri; Friday night was Jon Stewart (hilarious, despite the migraine that was starting), Friday night after my migraine was some frat philosophy discussion time, Saturday Liz H and I went to Wegman's to get actual "awkward" cheese and crackers (multi-colored goldfish crackers count as awkward, right?) and Saturday night Kathy and I kidnapped Demetri, drove over a barrier we shouldn't have, cut off a police car, drove around a rotary a few times and burned things. I also jumped in front of Scott's car (err, Scott driving Julie's car), which he did not appreciate. :-P Thursday night was the most drinking I did all weekend (there was sporadic beer and wine consumption, but nothing major) so I managed to go through the whole weekend without being hungover, which was definitely helpful. And then I was exhausted when I got back.

And then yesterday, I hung curtains! Seriously, I'm not sure why homey things like this excite me, but they do. I would consider myself only half-successful with the power drill (borrowed from Karen) because the curtains and holdbacks are up, but not without a few extra holes in my walls. Ahh well - the curtains hide them. And I have scarves for the windows and a new duvet cover and a bed skirt on their way... and soon I'll buy a nice bedroom set with at least a headboard, hopefully a frame, and a dresser and a nightstand and lamp.... omg, I'm so pathetic. I also want living room furniture and curtains for the living room... I really can't help myself. It's a good thing the money doesn't flow that freely because otherwise I'd be tempted to go out and buy all of that this weekend. Instead I'll be slow and patient.

My other domestic endeavor yeseterday was quite successful, though. I cooked Chicken with Mustard Mascarpone Marsala Sauce (lots of "m" things there) and it's really really good. The recipe can be found on the Food Network's website. Cooking this meant purchasing Marsala wine, which was luckily no trouble, even though I did so at the evil Star Market that previously wouldn't accept my ID. Had it been an issue, I think I would have raised even more hell than I did the last time, because no one actually DRINKS Marsala wine, they only cook with it, so really, what the hell would I be trying to do? It's amazing how bitter I am about this whole ID rejection thing.

My student loan saga with Citibank seems to be almost straightened out, if you've been following that ridiculous saga. I really, really hate them these days. Grrr.

On this weekend's agenda: clean my room! And sleep! This may not sound very exciting but it is after 3 straight busy, sleepless weekends! Whee!

- Lizzardie, at 11:28 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com