Words of Lizzardie




Monday, March 21, 2005

I'm beginning to think that the sleeplessness/headaches/migraines are from anxiety. It seems to get much worse when there's some sort of stress in my life. So right now, heavy amounts of stress equals a constantly tired Liz. Take today (err... yesterday). Despite it being Sunday and me having stayed in bed pretty late both weekend mornings, I couldn't keep my eyes open at 10pm. And now here it is, after 3am, and I can't fall back asleep. Is this some sort of cruel trick? If I don't get back to sleep soon, I'll be very tired all day Monday. Which we translate into all week, once AGAIN. Grr.

Slowly the pain seems to be healing a bit, but I think certain events of this week are likely to bring it all back in some capacity or another. Just when you think you have a handle on things....

Before that, though, I'm having dinner with Karen at Red Bones. I've heard good things about Red Bones, so hopefully it will be as yummy as everyone says it is. Will it be as good as Dinosaur BBQ? I don't know, but it would be nice if it was, so that I don't get jealous everytime I hear someone talk about going there. You may visit Red Bones' website here.

I resisted the urge to buy furniture this weekend. I know it would make me happy, but I just can't afford it. However, such urge might not be so easy to shake off next weekend (depending on how I feel). I'm thinking a dresser at least for now and then pick up all the other pieces when I have more money? The thing is, I want them to match, so I don't want to risk buying something now just to have that style be gone in a few months. So we'll see.

I did, however, buy curtains for the window at the top of the stairs, just outside of my room (and therefore, my part of the apartment). They look SO MUCH BETTER than the crappy blinds that were there. Piece by piece, the apartment starts to look really good. Which makes me really happy. :-) At least something does.

I'm reading The Grapes of Wrath right now. It's a little weird how Steinbeck has the book set up. There's a general chapter, not talking about anything specific or in reference to anyone, as if it was the same for everyone, and then a chapter specifically about the main family. Then general, specific, back and forth, just like that. The main chapter seems to be very intertwined with the general one - either what was in the general chapter has just happened to the family or they are going through it now. I'm only 11 chapters in (would have been 12 if I could keep my eyes open earlier) so we'll see.

I did of course watch a ton of Alias this weekend. It helps calm me down, as it gives me something else to focus on. Plus, I like reliving things so that I can put some pieces together as far as what's happening in the show now. So I watched through the end of the first season (I only had 3 episodes to go anyway) and then up to my favorite episode of all time (thus far), which is the 13th episode of the second season. Yes, I know that's a lot, but I was sulking - what do you want from me?

All right, I should go back to sleep now. I'd thought I'd write a rambling post, but apparently that wasn't necessary. So sleep now, hopefully.

- Lizzardie, at 3:12 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com