Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, March 31, 2005

I am ITCHING for summer. It's starting to prickle my skin and when I'm outside, even though it's only getting up to the upper 40's, I can feel the pull of the sunshine, taunting me. It's driving me crazy. I know, I know, I live in New England, so I should expect the lack of sun.... but this is partly why I love winter. It makes me ache for summer. And there's the skiing, too.

It's been a... something... few weeks. I've eaten out places. Seen friends. Done work. Yeah...

All right, getting down to things. I've been trying new restaurants with Karen. It's a good way to see her and a great way to learn about the fabulous food around here. So last week, Karen's turn to pick a restaurant, we went to Red Bones. Karen and I both agree that it was good, but not Dinosaur BBQ good. But I did get home and have that fabulous smokey smell in my hair. This week we tried Sauce, also in Davis Square (my pick). It was okay. I think it would be better with more people, because then you can get lots of their "plates (think tapas) although they don't have that many. I had the salmon (sushi-style) and margarita pizza. Karen also had the margarita pizza and cheese-covered bruschetta. The pizza wasn't fabulous, but I did really enjoy the salmon. And I like the atmosphere of the place. I'm interested in trying one of their entrees, now.

Also from last week... I met up with Herb to talk about frat stuff, and we went to this fabulous coffee house in Davis... Someday Cafe. It has squishy couches and the most wonderful rooibos tea I've ever had. I've already gone back twice to get tea (once jasmine pearls, also fabulous, and another time more rooibos). I have a feeling that place is going to see more of me in the future.

Friday night we had a little Beta Nu gathering. Kathy (who returned to me my beloved sunglasses, left in Ithaca), Susan, Kate, Alex and Mark (from Watertown) were in attendance. We met in Back Bay (I went shopping first, bought a sweater on sale at Banana Republic) and ended up at Vinny T's for dinner. There was much... strangeness, including me saying "Bread can do that to you sometimes" which I think was in response to something about getting pregnant.... this made linguistic sense to Kathy, so whatever. Later we walked all the way to Fenway to get ice cream at Coldstone Creamery. By that time my feet, in my comfy Bandolino heels, were killing me and I was happy to take the T home (it was either that or alcohol and everyone was tired).

Sunday was Easter. Happy Easter. I actually went to church, and then came home to make myself muffins. Yum. There was also cleaning and laundry. Though Tuesday I received my Easter present from my parents, which was a whole ton of Jelly Belly (I love Jelly Belly), complete with a gumball-machine type dispenser, yay. So there was a little more than two and a half pounds of jelly beans, with 2.2 lb bags coming two more times (in the next 2 months). Yikes. And yum.

And tomorrow is Friday! Yay! Also April Fool's Day (so I'll be looking over my shoulder all day) and the start of one of the bad months at work. Woohoo.

- Lizzardie, at 10:51 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com