Words of Lizzardie




Sunday, December 19, 2004

Updating (again!) because with the Holidays and going back to Illinois, I don't know when I will again. :-)

Last night I went over to Kristen's for dinner/wine/movies. She made salad and quiche and asparagus, and it was delicious. There was also a fabulous chocolate torte. Yum. I brought the wine - a French Rhone Syrah and an Italian Montepulciano D'Abruzzo (or something like that). We "watched" 10 Things I Hate About You and Miss Congeniality. Really, we talked through the former and I slept through the latter (after all that wine....). It was a nice evening. And it's very interesting to get some perspective from someone else on events. Kristen and I basically used our experiences to put together the "true" (obviously we're missing the stories of everyone else) happenings of an evening and it was quite revealing. Fun times, despite my embarrassment for parts of it. No need to go into details. :-)

I've had a good time giving out Christmas presents this weekend, which always makes me feel good. Picking out gifts for so many people can be exhausting (as can purchasing them) so it's nice when it all turns out well. Kristen got a bunch of papermaking supplies - the cotton paper stuff, a papermaking book (which she had apparently been eye-ing), irridescent flakes and gold-leaf flakes. She appeared to love it. Susan got a bottle of wine stuck in a puzzle, which she also seemed to enjoy (though she never solved and therefore did not get to see which wine I had chosen for her - I hope she eventually gets it out!). I also left Jeff's present (the part just for him) with Kristen, though I ended up seeing him when I went today to drop off Herb's present - they both got a bunch of cookies that I slaved over for two days. Herb got oatmeal chocolate chip (one of his favorites) and iced lemon cookies (another favorite). Jeff got basically the same, only his lemon cookies are not iced because he had said he didn't like the icing (too sour). I have more presents for the two of them combined, and since those are not perishable and I did not think I'd see Jeff this weekend, they will have to wait.

So since those presents all seemed to go well, I'm more confident about my choices for other people now. I need to buy my aunt's present and a present for one more Boston person, and also get a card or something for my grandparents. And mail my mom's present tomorrow with a prayer that it's delivered in Illinois by Christmas (it seems to be too big to carry onto the plane and besides, I want to carry on my laptop). I feel a lot better about the holidays this year since I was actually able to purchase gifts. Though I am a little tired of hearing about how people don't have gifts for me - I'm not expecting any back and it's okay! Kristen seemed to feel bad because her gift to me was homemade, but it was really great - a homemade candle and a pair of homemade jade earrings. And Susan also felt bad about not having presents, but she's taking me to the airport on Wednesday. And Herb kept saying that he was embarrassed about not having a gift for me, and decided he needed to hand me a tin of cookies (silly boy). The idea was to make my friends feel good and loved and I do hope that they do and get over the gift thing.

Merry Christmas if I don't write again before then! :-)

- Lizzardie, at 3:35 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com