Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, December 23, 2004

Umm, I didn't think I'd have time to update while I was "home for the holidays" but it's 6:30am Central time and I'm awake and why the hell not.

The week was uneventful before my departure. Jamie and I had the apartment to ourselves (Anna left on Saturday for home, without me knowing that). She made cookies Monday night and then Tuesday night we ordered pizza and exchanged gifts. It worked out really well because I went to the North End to buy pastries for my family (they ended up a little squished but that's okay) and finish the Christmas shopping. So when I got back, the pizza was on its way. Pizza, Jamie's idea, was of course perfect given my gift to her - 4 plates in a "pizza box" that look like slices of pizza! She seemed to love it, and I hope that's true. She gave me a Starbucks gift card, some mango body butter from The Body Shop, a very pretty coffee mug that has its own coaster, and The Everything Poker Strategy Book - her company publishes it and she even editted it! It was a great present. :-)

And then last night I flew back to Illinois. My flight was pretty uneventful - Boston to NYC to Chicago. When we were taking off in New York, the pilot announced that it was -12 degrees outside.... and the whole plane gasped. He of course then continued to say that was Celsius and it was 11 degrees Farenheit, and we could take a blanket as we left. :-) Chicago = far colder than Boston, and I'm not used to it.

My mom made me wait outside for her (since I came in early) but failed to tell me she had a new car that is a totally different color (silver instead of the old black). Apparently she bought it 3 months ago but couldn't tell me. Right, because I was really in the mood to be surprised about that.

We got back to the house after dropping Joleen off (nice to see her). Of course the bickering and fighting of my sisters commenced, well, probably before I got there. *sigh* I handed out the Boston treats - my family didn't seem to get it (why would I bring them a Red Sox and Patriots ornament?), though my dad seemed happy with the maple syrup (next time, I'll just spend all of my money on that. Yikes.

My parents then went to bed (ohh, after a dog and 2 cats jumped all over me). They cleaned up the office for me, which was nice, though they failed to get me a blanket or sheets or anything, which made for a very uncomfortable 5 hours of sleep (maybe I'll go back to sleep in a little bit - it was weird to open my eyes to see my computer read 7:45am Eastern and it still be pitch black outside). And I can't find any hangers to put my clothes on, or any glasses for water (okay, I found ONE). At least all of my Christmas gifts have arrived, except for my mom's. And I'm going to be late with my Aunt's present, since it shipped TODAY, which means it doesn't arrive in Boston until Friday (which means I couldn't ship it out to her until Monday anyway, and I'll be back by then). Ironically, the package originated in Florida... should have had it shipped directly to her (*sigh*).

Today, lunch with Jaime and dinner with Alexis downtown, which should be nice. And wrappng presents. And maybe some more sleep right now, because I am very very tired. :-(

- Lizzardie, at 7:36 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com