Words of Lizzardie




Friday, December 17, 2004

I normally don't update from work, but I sorta have no motivation to do anything else right now, so why the hell not.

So what have I been up to for the last three weeks.... where to start....

I went to Ithaca two weeks ago for the formal/a discussion meeting. Herb gave me "officer transition" for Alumni Advisor stuff, which was amusing. He and I traveled together, and he brought all of this paperwork with him to give to me, which I immediately put back in the car to be toted back to Boston. It's not like we live 2 miles apart or anything. :-P We also traveled with Helen (picked her up in Albany), and it was nice to spend some time with the two of them.

So the discussion meeting was good and the formal was good. I borrowed Cat's dress, which was blue and pretty. :-) I didn't take any pictures, but I'll eventually get some from other people and one of these days I'll figure out a new way to host them. :-P I was so tired after Ithaca, but at least I'd had a half day on Friday before then (no internet at work) and I didn't do any driving! Herb made me buy him a pack of cloves as payment for the driving (it's not like he would have let me drive anyway) but I didn't care.

Other news I guess is that work gave me a laptop finally. It's thin and light (compared to my personal one at least) and FAST. My roommates are happy because it means they get more access to my computer, and I don't feel so bad about the internet anymore (which all of us are paying equally but I'm the only one who owns a computer). I use the work computer pretty much exclusively now, unless I need to access files or print. Whee!

Last Saturday I did a marathon session of Christmas shopping. And I mean MARATHON. Kittery (Maine), Downtown Crossing, Quincy Market, the Cambridgeside Galleria and Target (Somerville). And I don't think I was even half done. This week, I've managed to hit Target (Watertown) and Target (Everett), along with Michael's, Star Market, University Wine, The Paper Source.... plus 3 online orders. Yikes! But I'm down to 4 people who I either need to finish shopping for (2) or start shopping for (2). Tomorrow will be fun.

I will now finish updating at home. And back up a little. Amy came into town last Thursday for a stats conference (right up my ally, really), so I went out with her for a little while. We went to The Red House in Harvard Square, which was really yummy - I recommend it - and then I took her to Burdick's. We both immensely enjoyed their hot chocolate and I bought her 4 of their signature chocolate mice as a Chanukah present (she liked the idea of 3 blind mice, and the four came in a cute little box). Then Friday night I went out with her, her boyfriend Paul (he trained in from NYC that day) and his friend Riaz. We went to the North End, which was fabulous as always and then to this bar called the Purple Shamrock. I wasn't really feeling the bar scene so I went home early, but it was nice to get out downtown. And to see Amy of course. :-)

Saturday night ended up being fun, too! Kate called me up while I was doing my shopping, and invited me to the Lizard Lounge for some live music. I of course could never pass up a place called the Lizard Lounge (and within walking distance of my apartment!) so I went. Kate, her boyfriend Alex and their friend Alethea (maybe I'm spelling that right) were there, and the music was amazing. The first band was The Billy Nayer Show, and it was really good music with hilarious lyrics (one song about a lizard falling in love with a log, another about being the captain of a cow, etc...). My favorite song was probably the one that was very Eve-esque. Kate and Alex have been to see them so many times that the band members recognize them, so we got free posters and stickers. :-) Between bands, Herb, Jeff and AJ showed up - awesome to see them. And then the second band - also incredible. They are the Ragman Son Revue, and I enjoyed them immensely as well - I even danced around! We all seemed to have a good time, and for that I am glad (despite the 8 dollar cover and expensive drinks). After the bar, I ended up walking back with the boys and staying up all night playing video games with them - Mortal Combat, Techmo Bowl and Ice Hockey (the last 2 on 8-bit Nintendo). It was very nostalgic for me, but it was also very nice to spend time with the boys without being angry at them. It's really been a while since I'd felt comfortable in that apartment (going way back to when I was living there) and I feel like things are going back to the way they are supposed to be.

This week has been rather laid back, other than the Christmas stuff. I had coffee (read: hot chocolate for me, hot tea for him) with Herb at Carberry's the other night, which was nice both for the conversation and because I found a new chill coffee and pastry place within walking distance of me. Herb thought it was odd that I hadn't been there yet, but there are so many places within walking distance of me, what with Porter and Davis Squares being so close, that I could not have possibly gone to all of them in the last three months! One day. :-)

As for this week.... dinner and girl talk with Susan and Kristen tomorrow night - Kristen is cooking. Then packing and generally getting ready for my mini "vacation" - heading back to Illinois for Christmas with the family. It's been a long time since I've been back and since I've seen my family, so I'm looking forward to it. And then back here... it'll be my first East Coast/Eastern Time Zone New Years and I still haven't figured out what I'm doing! I'm sure something will come to me, though, eventually....

- Lizzardie, at 11:28 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com