Words of Lizzardie




Friday, November 05, 2004

This article pretty much sums up how I'm feeling about the election these days: Give it up, you wussies (just the first part of the article, it goes on forever). I know that it won't show up forever, especially if you're not registered with the Chicago Tribune, so I'll post my favorite part here:

"I am deeply upset with friends and associates who are denigrating Bush supporters as being rural, religious and somehow dim. I think very hard about the coalitions that joined to elect Franklin Roosevelt so many times and I see exactly the same people -- that time on the Democratic side. They were depicted as noble working class people in all of Diego Rivera's paintings in those days. I just can't make the transition into demonizing them just because time has passed.

"Why they would choose "morality" over economic self-interest confounds me, but that's what they did.

"Who am I to judge?

"The sense is that if you are not at Northwestern or the University of Chicago or a lesser place like Harvard or MIT, working on an advanced degree, well then, you are simply not equipped to make a political decision. That is just so wrong. Life is what qualifies people to vote. The issues, the beliefs, the challenges, the dreams -- those are the things that inform political decision."

Anyway, moving on.

I went to the doctor this morning. I hate going to the doctor, though it helps that my new doctor out here is nice. She's young, her name is Elizabeth, she's from the midwest and she's new to the area. Anyway, that didn't change the fact that I have high-ish blood pressure and now need to do something about it. So... yeah, more exercise and healthier eating are supposed to be on my list of things to do for improvement. Sounds like I could stand to lose a few pounds, too. Not exactly the news you want to hear at 23 when you go to the doctor, but I suppose it could be much worse.

After the doctor's, I went to work. Not much fun for the day, but I got to go home at 4:00pm. I stopped by Best Buy to get my new West Wing DVD, and then home for a nice long nap. Mmmm, nap. And now I'm hanging out around my apartment and no work tomorrow! Woohoo.

- Lizzardie, at 8:29 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com