Words of Lizzardie




Friday, November 26, 2004

(Post 2/4)

Post 2 for the weekend (I'll go back and put the number when I know it, later).

I shall update while my food is cooking and I'm watching the TLC What Not to Wear Marathon. This update is about my car.

I know that my car probably sounds boring, but seriously, I hate the damn thing right now. About 2 weeks ago, the check engine light came on. I was a little worried, because I was going to Ithaca in a little over a week. So I called the Hyundai dealership that's across the street from work, and they said it's probably just the gas cap, and I should drive it for 100 to 200 miles. Right. Anyway, I was worried about it when we drove up to NH, but it got us there and back. And then the next day it went off! Yay!

Of course, on my way home from work, I got into a car accident. Not my fault, mind you. I had turned onto Hancock, right by my apartment. It's one way, and because 2-way. Right at that point, at Charnwood, also one-way, a car decided it would be a good idea to back up around the corner, without looking, right into my car. *sigh* It was rather frightening. And of course, the driver had a 732 area code... that's right, he's from NEW JERSEY!!! OMG, they are such terrible drivers, only made worse by being in Boston. Despite that, though, he's been really great. We didn't file a police report and thus far haven't gotten in touch with the insurance companies, but so far, so good. And of course, the very next day, my check engine light came back on (only to go off the day after that and then on the other day... sigh).

I'm taking the car in on Monday to get an estimate for accident damage, see what's going on with the check engine light, and to get my speaker fixed! While driving to NH (or on the way home, I guess), Herb discovered that my speakers weren't on. Once we discovered that, Liz H discovered that one of the speakers just doesn't work. Argh.

When I dropped Herb off last Tuesday, I had been telling him that I'm a paranoid driver - I'm afraid of hitting something/someone, so that makes me a less smooth driver. He agreed that it's important to not do that. But now... I was driving to work last Thursday, the day after the accident, and I got really shook up. The drivers around here are so disrespectful and careless - of course I got into an accident. And it leads me to believe it won't be the last one. Everyone is in such a hurry that they aren't getting anywhere, and they're going to get delayed. I should just get rid of my stupid car (grrr).

Another post later.

- Lizzardie, at 9:14 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com