Words of Lizzardie




Monday, November 29, 2004

One thing that I forgot to write about regarding Thanksgiving (and I can't believe I forgot it)....

Before we started dinner, Andrew's Dad gave a toast (as would be expected - we always pray at home but not everyone does that). At the start of his toast, he said something about how things would be better if John Kerry was going to be our next President. Now, I know I'm not as "liberal" as the people I was eating with, and I know I didn't vote for John Kerry (though I would have, had it been only two candidates on the ballot, and I was planning on it, up until the day before Election Day), but I just thought it was so inappropriate. Thanksgiving is a time when we're supposed to be THANKFUL for what we have, and for us to really appreciate it, because there are so many people who have so much less than us. So to start a thankful toast like that....

Anyway, I found this article in the Boston Globe, and I thought it was important for me to post. And also, I will post the things that I wrote up that I am thankful for (this was my away message on Thursday):
  • I'm thankful for my health and for my family and theirs.
  • I'm thankful for the apartment that I live in and the food that I eat.
  • I'm thankful for my friends - in Boston, in Illinois, in Ithaca, all over the country and the world.
  • I'm thankful to have a job I like going to every morning, that keeps me occupied and provided for.
  • I'm thankful for my safety and the support of others in my personal pursuits.
  • I'm thankful for my country and those working hard today and everyday to protect me.
  • I'm thankful for my faith.
  • I'm thankful to have a place to go and people to see today for a festive meal.
I hope you're all thankful for something, too.

- Lizzardie, at 9:48 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com