Words of Lizzardie




Sunday, November 28, 2004

Okay, Post 4/4. Thanksgiving "Break".

This weekend was pretty dull. EVERYONE I know left Boston in favor of home. Yeah, everyone. Susan even flew back to California, and Karen, who's family is from here, went to Washington DC to visit her brother. My roommates were of course gone, as well (Jamie spent all weekend at her parents', even though it's so close in Rhode Island). So yeah, pretty boring weekend. I had Thanksgiving dinner with the CEO of my company, Andrew, and his family. His mother and father live close by, near Harvard Square, so that was convenient, and Jeff from work came as well. It was a collection of Ivy League snobs, of sorts, with me from Cornell, Jeff from UPenn, and Andrew and his sister Kerry from Brown. :-) Andrew's daughter Samantha is 22 months and adorable, and the food was really good - it was a nice evening. And then I came back here for Will & Grace and Apprentice.

I spent most of the weekend watching TV, West Wing/Alias DVDs, and scanning things. I didn't even get dressed yesterday. Yes, I'm that lazy. Today I did get dressed, though, and I rearranged my room! I'm not sure if it gives more space, but I think it looks better and will allow me to be a bit neater (though that may take a miracle). I need real furniture, and with some rearranging of funds, I just might be able to buy it now - we'll see. I'd rather not put myself further in debt, so we'll see.

The most interesting part of my weekend has to do with thefacebook.com. Now, I try not to be obsessed with the site, and have a general rule about not adding people unless they add me (I've made 2 exceptions). But, I got a friend invite from an old friend from high school (yes, the high school friends have started adding me, isn't it cute), and it turns out that she goes to Tufts! That means that since she's from Bolingbrook, she probably lives closer to me now than we did in high school (not that we went to high school for that long together - she was a freshman when I was a senior). But yeah, hopefully we'll be able to meet up, because it'd be nice to have more friends around here. I'm a facebook believer now - maybe I'll even add my actual friends who I've neglected because they just haven't added me. Or maybe I'll stop the obsession before it grows bigger.

That's all. My weekend of continuous updates is over now. Back to work tomorrow.

- Lizzardie, at 10:46 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com