Words of Lizzardie




Friday, November 12, 2004

The hair cut is shorter than I was hoping for, but it does look a million times better. It's more curly and less frizzy and has some actual shape to it. She cut some long layers in the back and angled the front - all and all, it ends up being about shoulder length. I'll be happier in a month when it's grown a little longer. :-)

After my haircut, I went for a walk. I walked down to Harvard Square and then along the river, which was really pretty. It was a nice day outside, and then got really cold, so I'm glad I went when I did. The leaves and just the general atmosphere were really nice - if I had a way to display pictures, I would.

I did, however, lose my car key. Yes, I know that I lose my keys all the time, but this time I think I lost just the single key while I was out walking, so it's really gone. No big deal - I have a spare that I will now have copied, but it still sucked. The following day, my check engine light came on, too! I think my car has something against me. The service shop at the local Hyundai dealership said it is probably the gas cap, but still... my car is only under warranty for 8500 more miles, and I've had problems 2 times this year already, with possibly a third. :-/ Ahh well. Less than 2 years until I'm done with payments and can then trade it in. :-) And in the meantime, Herb gave me some tips on how to take care of her better (as he usually does, and I then promptly forget).

Monday I saw the most traumatic Law and Order EVER. Seriously. It was so bad that my roommate spent all of Tuesday thinking about it and shuddering.

I've been contemplating some things the past couple of days. Nothing bad, per say, just stuff on my mind. I think it's the general process of getting back on your feet after a rather bad period of time. It'll all work itself out.

Tomorrow, I pick Liz Hartman up from the airport, for her 5-day stay in Boston (before we both head to Ithaca). It'll be good to see her and to have some fun galavanting with her (if she has time, her training keeps her pretty busy).

Wine always seems to taste better when I'm enjoying it with other people.

- Lizzardie, at 7:15 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com