Words of Lizzardie




Sunday, November 14, 2004

All we need is just a little patience....

I think patience is something that I really need to learn. If I want something, I want it NOW, otherwise it's not worth fighting for. Immediate indulgence, that's what I'm for. Or I have things planned out to the month or day or whatever, and since I've done that, I can wait. But I hated waiting in line to vote and I hate waiting at a restaurant or for a parking space. And ohh my, do I hate stopping during a road trip, because I'm so impatient to get where I'm going.

But some things are so entirely out of my hands, even when they have everything to do with me. And it's so frustrating because I know what I want and I know what needs to happen, but I can't make it happen. I mean, I could, but something tells me that I shouldn't be the one to make the first move, that this isn't the right time (and no, we're not talking about hitting on a guy or anything). So I must wait. And wait and wait and wait, and know that I'm so very close yet so very far away. Argh.

In other news, a good weekend. I straightened my hair, just to see how it looks with the new haircut, and I hate it, so not doing that again any time soon. I get my hair cut so that it looks good curly, and since it's so think and plentiful, it would really have to have mega layers to look good straight, except that looks like clown hair curly. It's lose-lose, really.

Liz Hartman is here now - I picked her up from the airport yesterday. We then went for Indian food for dinner (nice place, Diva in Davis Square). Then, after dropping off our leftovers, we headed BACK to Davis Square to go to The Joshua Tree. We were meeting up with this guy and his friend that Liz pseudo-knew. In that, his aunt and her aunt are friends, and they put the two of them in touch with each other. We spent the first half an hour we were there trying to figure out which set of guys they were, and whether we wanted to talk to them. :-) Today we had dinner at Christopher's (apparently my default place to take people, and the same table at that!) with Kate and Alex and Herb, and then Kate and Alex and I went back to Herb's to watch the first half of the Patriots game (Liz had a work thing to go to). And that was my weekend. I intended to make food for the week tonight, but that clearly did not happen, so I guess I'm eating soup tomorrow or eating out. Ahh well - I can cook tomorrow night. And perhaps the Beijing Opera on Tuesday with Kate (and maybe Herb). And work tomorrow. And that damn patience thing - arghh!!!

Truth takes time (I think that's my third pop culture reference this post - at least knowing so).

- Lizzardie, at 10:48 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com