Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, September 22, 2004

So the strangest thing has happened to me. And this is going to sound really crazy. I've found that if I go to bed at 11:00pm, and then get up around 7:00am, not only can I get up, but I'm not tired and I'm not ready to collapse mid-day. This whole "rested" thing is very new to me (as in, I can't remember EVER being on this regular of a sleep schedule). I've also lost my ability to stay up until all hours, and I get up early even on the weekends. Being an adult sucks.

In other news, everything is okay. Minor tiff with the roommates yesterday, but hopefully it'll be okay. As long as they are willing to turn on the heat when it's cold outside, I can deal. Some mis-communication happened, though, as in normal with me.

I've spent a lot of time on the phone yelling at people lately. Moving sucks, because of all of the stuff you have to do. This time ended up being harder than any other time, because I'm switching my residency. It looks like I'll need to get a Massachusetts driver's license soon, but give me some more time! And don't overcharge me, and process my forms, and don't take money out of an account I told you not to touch anymore. Yikes. It sucks that I do a lot of customer service stuff, because I really have begun to hate the people who do that.

I made dinner on Saturday. Kristen couldn't make it, so it was just Susan and I. Sirloin steak on the broiler, wild rice and cucumber salad, with dark chocolate mousse in chocolate cups for dessert. And of course the wonderful Rioja (Susan picked a good one). It was yummy. I feel like I'm actually figuring out this cooking thing.

Sunday I hung out with Ian and Karen. We stood in front of a grocery store for awhile before going to Ben & Jerry's in Harvard Square, standing in front of the grocery store some more, going inside the grocery store, and eventually buying things to make dinner and cooking at my place. It was nice to see Ian (Karen, too, but she lives near me) and it was fun as always to hang out with them. There may be poker tomorrow, but time will tell.

I've been talking politics with my friends a lot. It's funny, because normally I'm not into it and I still hate political parties (registered Independent, woohoo!). But I guess this is the year for everyone to get involved. I sure do read a lot about what's going on. I've pretty much decided to vote for Kerry, I think, but that doesn't change the fact that I hate the Bush-haters (helpful, huh?). I think it accomplishes nothing. Though in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter, because I live in Massachusetts now, one of the most liberal states there is. And I get Kerry representing me either way - as a Senator or a President - for the next four years. I'm not sure what I'm going to be reading in the news after the election, though. Time will tell, of course.

It is past my 11:00pm bedtime, and I have updated, like a good blogger. I'm not a good blogger anymore, what the hell am I talking about. Anyway, bedtime for me, probably a long and tiring day at work tomorrow, and hopefully apple picking and then apple pie and apple crisp this weekend! And maybe poker? I miss poker.... :-(

- Lizzardie, at 11:11 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com