Words of Lizzardie




Monday, August 16, 2004

So how did my weekend go? Saturday night I saw The Bourne Supremacy, so between that and The Village, I actually feel like I'm caught up with movies I should see - maybe The Manchurian Candidate, but that's really pushing it for me - 3 movies in so short of a period of time. :-)

Then Sunday, I would consider the most exciting part of the weekend, but pretty silly - I was in my first tropical storm! Tropical Storm Charley, barely a tropical storm at the point when it hit us but still a tropical storm, struck sometime in the early morning. Between being exhausted, no light in my room and my air conditioner/fan, I barely noticed, but I was excited nonetheless. You don't see many tropical storms in Illinois or Ithaca.

Later yesterday was my birthday dinner. I wore my pink and white strapless J.Crew dress to look nice, though the boning dug into my skin, which was not so good. Anyway, Eric and Susan met me at the house and we headed to the North End, to meet up with Jeff, Kristen and Liz. Herb was supposed to be there, but alas, managed to be at least half an hour late to dinner (mind you, that included walking to the North End from Haymarket, choosing a restaurant, getting seated at a restaurant, picking a wine, ordering food and socializing - so maybe more than half an hour late). The food was good, though - we went to Cafe Pompei, if you're ever in the North End of Boston. After dinner, Herb, Liz, Eric, Susan and I went to Mike's Pastries, which is apparently famous, but I don't know why - it was really crowded. And there was some festival going on in the North End - apparently it happens every Sunday for a different madonna, but I don't remember which last night - we watched a small parade and Herb insisted that everyone pitch in and get me an airbrushed lizard tattoo - I had it put on my shoulder since I was wearing a dress, but I really should consider getting the real one on my back, once I have money (and don't have to pay ridiculous amounts of money for an apartment/car insurance). After meandering around the North End, we came back to the apartment, opened a nice bottle of wine that Jeff gave me, and played a couple games of Taboo. It wasn't a bad celebration, but it always takes away from the evening when someone is late to dinner, especially that late and when you've had a conversation with that person about how important it is that he be there for your birthday celebration. Anyway, moving on.

Today was the start of Employee Appreciation Week. To start the week, we got gifts - fleece vests which are navy blue and have the company logo on them, which is nice for the cool New England weather. Then we had a clambake in Brookline. I had my first whole lobster (1 1/4 pounder from Maine), plus some New England clam chowda, some steamers, corn on the cob, salad and blueberry cobbler - a fine meal. Plus the park was pretty, even if it was cloudy. It was Larz Anderson Park, for all of you who may wind up visiting Boston (and Brookline) one day. I did of course get hopelessly lost on my way back to the Cambridge area, though, and had to call Herb to have him direct me back. Apparently I was south of Jamaica Pond, which is pretty damn far. Silly me. I eventually got back, and my Burgundy wine glasses were here, yay! So I had something to perk me up.

The other exciting part of my day was transferring my auto insurance. Okay, not so exciting, but it's one step closer to being a Massachusetts resident, officially. They'll send me a form soon so that I can register my car, then my license and registering to vote.... yikes! But first, to find an apartment. I may be close, so stay tuned for details....

- Lizzardie, at 10:17 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com