Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, August 26, 2004

I am exhausted today, but I'm going to do some mindless writing while I watch the Olympics (yay diving).

I registered my car in Massachusetts today. Things are coming together more and more for me getting settled here. It was kind of sad to take off my lovely Illinois plates, but it had to be done eventually. I did strip a screw, though, so I need to get a new one for the front plate, but the new plates are there. Things to do still.... Somerville sticker and visitor passes, changing the address on my registration, register to vote, change my license.... ohh, and actually move. Haha. I'm really excited about really settling in to my adopted home city. :-)

There has been A LOT of nostalgia this week, though. Today was the first day of classes at Cornell, and that was a little strange for me. All week, I've seen (online) all of my younger friends return back to school, pumped up to start another year. I didn't think I'd miss it, since I'd seen so many people this summer and I love living in Boston... but I'll admit it, I miss Ithaca a whole lot. I think I always will, and the feeling of knowing I'll never live there again (let's face it, I'd hate it after awhile, now that I'm no longer a student) is still rather sad. The days match up perfectly to my freshman year (August 26th was my first day of classes 5 years ago) so the nostalgia has been really strong in regards to that. I still remember that first day. I only had one class, Italian, at 2:30pm. So I went to class, and then I raced back (as much as you can with a walk that long) to my dorm room in Jameson to call Rachel and wish her a happy birthday (Happy Birthday Rachel). Okay, so that isn't that much detail, but it's still strong in my mind. And it's hard to think that it's five years later, and college is over, and I'm living in Boston, and everything is finally falling into place pretty much the way I have always wanted it. Yet I'm not happy, partly because I yearn for the journey, I think. It gets harder and harder to remember the bad times, and the good times stick out and call me back. Add that to knowing everyone is moving into the PSP house on Oak Ave, and despite all the work I've put into it (along with so many other people) I'll never get to live there . I hope those people who are living there truly appreciate it (despite the current construction zone) and help to evolve it into a Beta Nu tradition though. Good luck to all of my friends this year - I wish you the best year at Cornell you could possibly have.

Other things in my life have involved some sad realizations. I was going to write about them, but now I don't feel like it.

- Lizzardie, at 8:36 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com