Words of Lizzardie




Saturday, July 03, 2004

Yesterday I finally got the celebration I was waiting for (sorta). At least my roommates put in an effort, which I know I should be grateful for.

First I went downtown with Jeff, AJ, Kristen and John to meet up with Cheryl and then go to the Foggy Goggle, where one of Cheryl's friends works. Her friend wasn't there, and the place was not that impressive. Half of the stuff on their menu was not available, and there menu was not extensive to begin with. And their music selection started off pretty nice - they played almost an entire Violent Femmes album - but then deteriorated rapidly, into Britney and some weird remixes (Jefferson Airplane?). You could tell this place was mostly a bar, and not so used to the restaurant aspect (it took forever to get our check and our waiter flat-out told us he was hungover and not really up to working that day). So yeah, don't go to the Foggy Goggle.

Lunch had been late, so we just planned to stay in the city for the rest of the day. We walked down Newbury Street, which is really pretty and has lots of shopping, albiet expensive shopping. Kristen took me to the bead store, and I'm really looking forward to going back to the one at Harvard Square so that I can make some jewelry. Then we headed towards the Public Gardens and the Boston Common, and just hung out in the park for awhile. We made plans to go and pick Vinny up at South Station when her bus got in from NYC. Of course, we got there, and her bus was late, so we had an hour to kill. Cheryl wanted to go to a bar, so Jeff took us to the Boston Harbour Hotel. This place was beautiful (this was actually where I was supposed to go with Jeff and Herb last summer one night and it never panned out), but not what any of us had in mind, as we were all in shorts and jeans and whatnot. So, we went over by the water where they were showing a movie outside, and just hung out there until it was time to go get Vinny.

Once we had Vinny, we headed to the North End, where we met up with Herb and Rebecca. There was some confusion over which restaurant we were going to eat at, but finally ended up at Dolce Vite Ristorante, which is where we went on my birthday last year. It was fantastic, of course. I got the seafood special, which was expensive, but had jumbo shrimp, scallops and about half a lobster tail (still in the shell) with homemade linguini and a tomato-brandy sauce. YUM. The wine was a Valpolicella Classico, also delicious (though served a bit warm). After dinner, we parted ways with most people, or tried to. Vinny had left to spend time with other friends, and the rest of us were going to hop on the T to get back to our homes. Cheryl and Rebecca needed the green line all the way, while we needed to switch to the red line in order to get back to Somerville. Jeff and AJ managed to not get off at our stop (Herb and I made it off fine), and had to double back. Herb and I waited for them, which gave us a great opportunity to make fun of them.

So yeah, that was the evening. We still haven't enjoyed my Barolo, but soon enough I guess. I just wish my roommates were willing to make solid plans, because half of the night I didn't know what was going on, and it didn't even seem like everyone there wanted to go out to dinner that night. I don't think that Herb and Jeff realized that it was important to me that my friends be there for my celebration - namely, Herb, Jeff, Vinny and Rebecca - but that everyone else was an afterthought. Except, I didn't want other people to be miserable, either. So if we'd had a more solid plan that everyone knew about, I think everyone would have been more happy, instead of a lot of really grumpy people. *sigh*

I'm looking forward to being at the park tomorrow for the music and fireworks, and I'll still get to spend some time with Vinny this weekend, so hopefully things will brighten up.

- Lizzardie, at 12:05 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com