Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, July 28, 2004

*YAWN*  I am very tired.  It's been a crazy few weeks here in Boston...

I've been working, which is totally been wearing me out.  It's hard getting used to this long week, early schedule.  And this week has been even worse, due to gettin up early.

Why have I been getting up early this week?  The Democratic National Convention, my friends, has invaded Boston.  I started by getting up early in case there was bad traffic, as was the prediction, and I wanted to get into work early so that I could get out of work early.  But I've had the shortest commutes since I started working.  I think everyone left Boston fearing the worse, and it turned out okay for those of us that stayed.  :-) 

I continued going into work early so that I could go downtown after work.  Sunday, I went and volunteered with Rock the Vote, which was fun.  We were all over the city, and ended up outside the Avalon/Fenway Park, handing out materials.  I saw Jerry Springer, and supposedly Natalie Portman was outside, too (ohh, I saw Al Franken filming for MSNBC at Quincy Market, if anyone cares about that).  And of course, during the madness of people trying to get into the Avalon (they couldn't get the volunteers in, unfortunately), the Yankees were playing at the Red Sox, to make things even more crazy. 

Monday I skipped out on the excitement, and stayed home and watched Convention coverage, thinking how cool it was that the Clintons were speaking just a few miles from me, but since I've seen both of them speak, it wasn't so exciting.  Yesterday, though, I did more volunteering.  We marched around Faneiul Hall and down to the FleetCenter, chanting Rock the Vote stuff and trying to make noise.  Then we headed down towards the Avalon, where there was another concert, this time Black Eyed Peas (I don't know who was at Sunday's concert).  I ended up having my choice... go to the concert... or go to the Convention.  I chose to go to the Convention, because how many times am I going to have that opportunity?  I unfortunately missed State Sen. Barack Obama's speech (I heard it was good, and I read the transcript, plus he's from Illinois, and going to be the new Senator there, since there's no one running against him, and I doubt the Republicans will find someone to run and win).   I did get to see Teresa Heinz Kerry speak, though, and that was pretty cool.  Just being at the Fleet Center was really exciting (it took me 20 minutes to get inside, due to construction, closed streets, North Station being closed, security - and there was no wait!), and it almost makes me want to be a Democrat, haha.  I pretended to be one last night, though, and cheered, and brought home signs.  I haven't decided who I'm voting for yet, but I could be cool with Kerry being President, and if I can figure out what he stands for, I may vote for him (though I'll be voting in Massachusetts and he'll win by a landslide here, so what do I care).  At the very least, the roommates should appreciate the signs.  Ohh, and maybe I'll post pictures one of these days (I love my digital camera). 

Speaking of the roommates, they're gone for the week, so I have the apartment to myself (actually, everyone I know in Boston, I think, left for the weekend).  They went to Maine, and I gotta say, I've enjoyed the peace and quiet.  They've been gone since Saturday, and while I've enjoyed the quiet time, I gotta say that I do not like being by myself.  So, as much as I hate to admit it, I miss the silly boys, and I'll be happy when they get back, and I have someone to talk to.  It's been cool, hanging out with Rock the Vote and meeting new people, but I do miss my friends. 

So yeah, that's been my life lately.  Tomorrow, if my feet are feeling better, I'll head downtown again and do more fun convention, voter stuff.  At the very least, I got a free tshirt that says, "fcuk you, I'm voting!"  :-)

- Lizzardie, at 9:41 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com