Words of Lizzardie




Monday, July 05, 2004

So let's start with the good things. Boston fireworks = spectacular. It was by far the best fireworks display I have ever seen. It was so good, that had it been half as long, I STILL would have said that. There was a whole section that was just the white sizzling ones, which are my favorite. There was also a section of little white ones that just seemed to appear and cover the whole sky. There were also these green ones that looked like worms that appeared to just be floating in the sky on parachutes. So, so cool. I was getting a little tired of waiting for them to start (they did a brief display at the end of the Pops peformance of the 1812 Overture, and then we waited like another hour) but definitely well worth the wait. WOW. We were on the Cambridge side of the river, but obviously close, since they shoot them off from a barge in the middle of the river. Someone was playing the radio broadcast of the concert, since we obviously couldn't hear it from across the river. So, so good.

Anyway, the rest of the night sucked. I'd rather not get into it, but here's the gist of it... we were playing Scattegories, the category was "Something you save up to buy," the letter was "U" and I put "unicycle." And that ended up ruining my evening. So ridiculous. Board games are supposed to be fun, but I'm really starting to hate them because people are really obnoxious and competitive and can't seem to look beyond the obvious. "Unicycle" is not even that creative of an answer for that category, but apparently it's too far of a stretch for my crazy friends. I guess we'll never be playing that game again, since I'm the one who owns it and I'm certainly not going to want to. Ugh.

I'm know I'm being somewhat ridiculous, and that the stupid Scattegories incident isn't the only thing that's bothering me... but I'm always getting told how uncreative I am, and Scattegories is all about creativity, and my friends can't even stretch their minds a little bit to see how a UNICYCLE (which is a thing, something you buy, and a novelty item) could fit that category. I don't even care that I usually lose that game. I don't care that it was only a point. If there's no incentive to be creative in the game because anything that's remotely different is going to get shot down... then that takes all of the fun out of it for me. And I'm fine with that.

And now I've gone on a ridiculous tirade that I didn't even want to do. Woohoo.

- Lizzardie, at 5:24 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com