Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I shouldn't write posts like the last one and then not follow up on them. Ahh well.

Let's see, how have the last coupla days been.... Demetri and his friend Marcail visited on Friday, so Kathy came up from Norton. I was going to write that Marcail reminded me of someone but I didn't know who, and it all of a sudden came to me... she reminds me of Betsy! There was some hanging out in Harvard Square and whatnot, and then a bunch of us went to Brighton for tapas, at a place called Tasca, which was in some ways better than Dali (other tapas place, closer to the house). Jeff ditched us, so we ended up getting lost in Brighton, but eventually found our way back. Demetri, though, much like with many other things, is a super-paranoid driver which did not put me at ease. Then on Saturday, Susan got into town, so I went to South Station to pick her up. We did apartment hunting for her - we saw this place and the girl who lives there was really cool; we talked to her for an hour and a half. That's Susan's first choice, so I hope she gets that apartment because I want to become friends with Sara(h), she's so cool. Then Saturday night we went up to Nashua for Corinne's birthday party, which was fun. Chris Bianchi was there, which was quite a surprise. Corinne made me a "you've got a job" strawberry dacqueri - her presentation rocked. Low-ball glass, maraschino cherry stuck on a paper umbrella with a lime wedge on the glass.... classy. So yeah, the evening was fun, but quickly turned sour when I got home to find my roommates playing poker. What's that you say? No big deal? Well, I've been wanting to play poker for 6 weeks now (since I moved in) and they've refused to play with me, and now play on one of the few nights I go out without them. Bastards. So that wasn't what ruined my evening, but it started the chain of events.

Sunday sucked. I had wanted to go downtown, but had been unable to sleep the night before, so I just lounged around most of the day. Susan wanted to go out to eat, and the roommates joined us, so their presence, combined with my order being messed up, totally ruined my evening. Ugh.

And then yesterday, Monday, was my first day of work. I wore new clothes, and lots of people commented on how nice I looked (Kristen and both of the roommates). Hehehe, I'm shallow. Anyway, everyone at work was really nice, and they're trying to teach me the ropes. I share an office with the guy who's supervising/training me, and I have a really great view. It looks North, and all I see is trees (we're on the 9th floor). I was exhausted by the end of the day, but I'm totally happy with the job. And the great news is that the commute isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It seems like it'll take between 20 and 40 minutes each way, and on the way back today, it was under 20 minutes. I can totally deal with that! There was a card waiting for me when I got home from Herb, which was a nice gesture and made me not so angry anymore. Later I walked up to Harvard Square to meet Susan, who had managed to get herself lost. We ate at John Harvard's, which was totally pleasant and yummy (good customer service, too). When we got back, we watched Secret Window, which has Johnny Depp in it, but is totally weird. And there's blood. Yuck.

Today more work. I've been getting up early to do toning exercises in the morning, in hopes of getting rid of some "problem areas." I'm hoping I'll be able to continue the early schedule, because then I don't have to do them at night, which I think makes it more difficult to sleep. And I've been pretty tired the last 2 days after work.

I've also been ridiculously hungry. I'm still hungry. I had a decent-sized lunch, yet I've been eating since I got home and I still can't fill my stomach. Pasta - the homemade noodles and some marinara sauce, then yogurt with honey, almonds and walnuts, then peppermint ice cream, then strawberry yogurt with almonds. I don't know what else to eat. I guess I should buy snack stuff to keep at work.

There are some annoying things I need to take care of... ordering a new desk chair (the ones they've found for me are no good) and other office supplies, finding a doctor (ugh, stupid HMO's), filling my prescription, making appointments, laundry, Tome... and I'm just going to go to bed after Queer Eye (on right now) because I'm too tired to do anything else. Welcome to the working world.

- Lizzardie, at 10:09 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com