Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Today is now Wednesday I guess. Not a whole lot going on here, just some regular getting used to where I'm living sorts of things. I had another interview today. It went well, and for once I can say that with confidence because my interviewer told me he was recommending me for the next step. So that's 2 of the 3 that I've heard from saying I get to go to the next step. I still haven't heard anything back from the first one I went on, so we'll see. I haven't been as aggressive about applying for jobs the past week as I should be, so that'll have to pick up today (but after I sleep) and Thursday, since I'll be out of town from Friday afternoon until Tuesday night (Rochester/Geneseo and then New York City/Princeton, NJ). But still, things are looking good on the job front.

I picked up my framed diplomas today, and they look spectacular. Well worth the money, but I'm not hanging them up here, because it's not worth fighting with the plaster walls when I'll only be living here for a few months. That, and I would like them above my desk or something, and that's a lot of space needed, and there's a window above my desk here. Ahh well.

I think my best day here, though, was Saturday. I got up at a reasonable time, and was out of the house by 10:15am. I put on my new khaki-colored skirt with a white tank top and just set out to explore, really. I walked to Kendall Square, which is where MIT is. I walked around there for awhile, checked out the bookstores, looked for a good map, ate breakfast, etc... I was going to walk to Harvard Square from there, but decided instead to go downtown to the Prudential Mall. That was fun. I dropped off my bracelet to be fixed (AGAIN, but free this time) and just explored the stores. There was this cool French beauty products store, which I would have liked better if they weren't all over me from the minute I walked in. They also didn't have vanilla frangrance, which was the only thing I would have purchased. There was also a cool stationary store. I almost bought a wax seal thing with a J on it, but then I remembered that I don't have a lot of money and I have quite a bit of stationary stuff but don't write that many letters. Anyone want to start writing letters with me? I miss doing that. There was also more bookstore hunting. No good map was found, but I did buy some books, including A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, one of my favorites, which I used to own but can no longer find. There's a little garden outside the Prudential Mall with a fountain so I sat out there and read for awhile - it was such a beautiful day! After thoroughly exploring the mall, I got back on the T and took it to Harvard Square, where I had wanted to go earlier in the day. When I got off, there were street performers, who were really good - I could have sat out and listened to them forever, except I had already been out 5+ hours and my feet hurt and I was tired. So, I headed back home, walking through Harvard Yard, where reunion weekend festivities appeared to be occurring (it was graduation weekend at Harvard). All and all, a VERY fun Saturday - I could do that every Saturday, even though I was all by myself for the day, and it makes me very happy to live in Boston. :-)

So yeah, that's my update for now. If you're reading this and you've never been to Boston, you should come visit because it's so beautiful with these great old buildings and lots of fun and interesting things around.

In the next few days, it will be job hunting, cleaning (a friend of Herb and Jeff's will be visiting right after I get back from NY) and figuring out what to get Adam and Catherine for their wedding (another friend getting married - can you believe it?). Any ideas, let me know!

- Lizzardie, at 1:24 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com