Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, June 08, 2004

My lemon meltaway cookies are done! They don't quite look like the ones my mom made, but I think I did a decent job. Maybe hers look like they do because of years of cookie-making practice. I also have rolls of Swedish Coconut cookies in the fridge, waiting for them to firm up. The dough is REALLY dry, so I'm not sure how well these will turn out, but hey, it's worth a try.

Another thing that is over is my first week at the Wyatt House. And what a week it has been. Okay, not really. It's been pretty low-key and uneventful. I have done all of the necessary moving stuff, though, and I opened up a bank account here. I chose Fleet, because it's nice and national and since there was a merger between Fleet and Bank of America, that makes it even more accessible. If for some reason I can't stay in Boston (though I'm hoping it won't come to that) then I'll have access to one of my 3 checking accounts.

I also went to see Harry Potter with Jeff and friends on Friday. We went to Fenway, which was kinda cool, as it's right near Fenway Park, where the Red Sox play. We first ate at this place called Boston Beer Works, which brews its own beer. I had watermelon beer and a Fenway pizza (tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, all fresh). I'd like to go back there sometime to try the blueberry ale, and because our waiter was really cute and funny. :-) As for Harry Potter - well, in order to make it a movie of managable length, they had to take a lot out, which was disappointing. I felt that if you hadn't read the books, you wouldn't know what was going on very well, or at the very least, you'd miss part of the point. Ahh well.

As for the job search... I've been having trouble motivating myself. Of course, that means I've only applied to a couple dozen positions instead of more. And I didn't get an offer from Praxair, which was a little discouraging. I was hoping for a morale boost by getting my first offer, but of course that did not come. Probably better since I knew I wasn't going to take it. Apparently, when you know that, it must show. So yeah, kinda disappointed.

But the last 24 hours have proved to be a great morale boost, because I have gotten calls/emails regarding 3 interviews! I have 2 on Thursday, one in Boston and one in Newton (well spaced to give me time to get to each), and then a phone interview on Monday with a company in Boston. So today, for the first time, I've felt like the decision to come to Boston was a good one. It has gone from not just being what I want to do, but also to being what was probably the best thing for me to do after graduation.

And so yeah, there are cookies and interviews and all of that fun stuff, making for a very happy Liz today. :-) 3 Boston interviews is more than the total number of interviews I've had for Boston jobs since I started looking for them (and it's equal to the number of interviews I've had this year, i.e., since January). I think being in Boston is going to help the search tremendously, as was my suspicion all along.

I guess I should some job-searching done today while I'm so happy. :-)

- Lizzardie, at 3:45 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com