Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, June 03, 2004

My first full day of living in the Wyatt House is over. Weird.

But let me back up. I had a great time Graduation weekend. Herb got into town late Friday afternoon, so I spent a lot of time with him and Liz Hartman throughout the weekend. Saturday there was Clinton (which I guess I have to talk about, in a minute), wine tasting, a concert and a toast. Sunday there was Graduation and dinner. Monday there was moving and Adam and Liz Hartman's graduation party. Yesterday (Tuesday) there was so much driving. And today there was settling in.

So the good parts. The Honorable William Jefferson Clinton spoke at Convocation this year. It was a zoo. We left my apartment at about 7:30am, went to go for breakfast except there was a line OUTSIDE CTB, so we settled for Tops Express snacks. Then the line to get into the Stadium was pretty far down Campus Ave.... took us 45 minutes to get inside the Stadium. From there it was another hour before Convocation started. And it was cold in the Stadium. Anyway, the speech was okay - I thought it was far more political than it should have been, but others disagree with me. I have 3 minutes of video, but not from the political parts (from where he was talking about Cornellians he's known).

Graduation itself was great. I mean, I had to wear the silly Masters stuff, but I got over that. My aunt and her new fiancee came up to see me, which was nice. They got to meet a lot of my friends, since I took pictures with all of the frat people. And then we went to Boatyard Grill for dinner (easy to get in on Graduation day because they don't take reservations!). Herb and Bolcar joined us for dinner - I hope they enjoyed themselves. Herb and my aunt both thought President Lehman's speech was excellent, though I kinda zoned out at some point, which served to confuse me. So yeah, great day. :-) And I'm done with school now! Woohoo!

Monday was loading cars and cleaning. Very tiring, though I guess I shouldn't complain because Herb did most of the work. :-) We then drove to Rochester, where we met up with Adam and his fiancee Catherine and Bolcar for a meal. Then Liz's party. Her family and their friends are nice. Jeff was there, so I didn't feel like Liz and Herb were the only people I knew there. Towards the end of the night, Herb almost lit himself and my hair on fire, threw a wine bottle at me, and stole my pillow. I should not be surprised by that.

So yeah, now I live in Somerville, MA, after a long drive yesterday. I'm feeling pretty comfortable here, as I'm already pretty well moved in. And I've been driving around so I feel more comfortable with the area. I'm going to start massive job-hunting tomorrow!

- Lizzardie, at 12:16 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com