Words of Lizzardie




Friday, June 11, 2004

I feel quite tired from a long day, but I want to write for some reason, hence that's what I'm doing right now.

Where to start.... I went to the mall yesterday. The goal was a pair of shoes to go with my interview suit that were flat... I normally prefer heeled shoes; however, one of my interviews today was in downtown Boston and I knew I would be doing a lot of walking. So I sucked it up and bought a pair of cheap, no heel shoes. My roommates were very pleased with me. I also bought a nice khaki pleated skirt, 2 tank tops and a new shirt for my suit. The new shirt (and the shoes) made me the most comfortable in my suit than I have been ever wearing a suit, so that's good, I guess. As for the other clothes... well, I can't really afford them until I get a job but I couldn't resist; it's been so long since I've bought fun new clothes.

The interviews went well today, I think. I really enjoyed all of the people I met (3 people at each company). Both companies are small, which is a real plus for me. The people at each company all seem to get along and have a lot of fun with each other, which is also good. As I said, one company was in downtown Boston, in the Financial District. The other was in Newton. There are pluses and minuses to both of those locations. To get to the first place, I had to walk a half a mile; take the T into the city, and then walk another half mile. It was a pleasant trip, however it took about 40 minutes. This isn't so bad, but had it been pouring out or really cold, it would have been worse. Plus the whole shoes thing (I don't want to completely give up my heels). There are of course buses and subway transfers that could help me out, so I definitely think it could work. The Newton place... I drove there, which wasn't so bad. There is a dollar toll each way, which kinda sucks. And I don't know what the drive would be like during rush hour; I do know that getting back to Somerville at 6:30pm took me about 45 minutes and that's what I would be doing daily. But there's probably an alternate route I could take. Parking was annoying, but I'm sure I could figure that out as well. So yeah, all in all, both are about equal in my mind and I hope I hear back from both of them. With such small companies, the next step for each would be to meet with the CEO's. There's also Monday's interview.

Today I also went to the Scooper Bowl. This was like heaven. For $7 (which went towards the Jimmy Fund - read: cancer research) it was all-you-can-eat ice cream. In about 45 minutes (a little less more likely) I had 11 scoops of ice cream. My stomach (and tongue for that matter) wanted to kill me. Baskin Robbins, Ben & Jerry's, Haagan Daaz, Edy's, Breyers, etc... were all there with 4 or 5 flavors each. YUM. I'm glad I was downtown today and was able to go. I also went to a map store and STILL can't find a decent lamenated map I like. I'm pretty good with directions, but now that I live in a city environment, it would be a good thing to have. I bought an okay one, but it's not quite what I'd like. Maybe I'll find out who makes the one Herb has and just order it or something.

One more thing. Since Spring Break, I've been working on growing out my nails. For real this time. I don't know if I'll finally be able to do it for good, but I'm trying. And I thought that if I was slowly getting used to it, tasks wouldn't be that much more difficult with nails, like they have been when I've had them done. Typing is a pain in the ass, though, and only a few of my nails are long. Maybe it'll be better when they're all long, but for now.... this sucks. At least they look nicer.

And with that... I can't type anymore, so I'm going to sleep.

- Lizzardie, at 1:10 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com