Words of Lizzardie




Saturday, April 24, 2004

Today is Saturday and beautiful, just the way I like it. I'm going to clean my room, and then apply to some jobs, I think. And later tonight there shall be an Indiana Jones marathon at my apartment. Woohoo.

So, it's been decided that I'm going to move to Boston this summer, job or not. It turns out that Asheen, one of Herb's roommates, is moving out, and there is an available room there. It's been offered to me for a few months, and as that makes my life vastly easier in that I don't have to find an apartment/roommates, I gladly accepted. It'll be interesting living there, to say the least, but I definitely think it's the best thing I can do to for these next two months. So, for at least June and July, I shall live near Inman Square in Somerville, MA, within walking distance of Harvard and near numerous squares. How exciting. The apartment is nice, too, which is an added bonus to the situation.

The next thing to do is find a job. Herb has actually been trying to help me with that, too, which has made me feel so much better. It's just to know that there are people who are behind my efforts and who believe in me. I'm still scared to death, but, you know, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

My project is squeaking by. One member of my group said he wants to do a lot of writing this week, which is kind of a relief to me, since while I could write a good report, it takes so much motivation for me to write, and I spend so much time sitting there doing nothing until the paragraphs magically appear in my head and I finally spew them out. And my analysis is moving along, which is pleasant as well. Just a little bit of work left and the semester is over. It's hard to believe I only have 2 more weeks left of class before I'm done, possibly forever (depending on whether or not I decide to go to business school later on). And after 5 years, I'll be moving away from Ithaca for the last time. That's sad, too, as much as I'm ready to move on. I do love this little city dearly (especially on days like today). No worries for my beloved friends who will still be here - I'll stil visit ocassionally.

I feel like I should call my parents and break the news about my summer plans to them. This should be fun.

- Lizzardie, at 5:46 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com