Words of Lizzardie




Saturday, April 10, 2004

There is going to have to be a concentrated effort in improving my sleep patterns. I'm exhausted, and stressed, and something's gotta change because I'm not handling it very well. I have a little book on insomnia, and I'm going to take a few suggestions in mind and see what happens. Hopefully good things.
  • No more sleeping in front of the TV. Amy pointed out to me that while it's making me fall asleep, the background noise and light is probably interrupting my REM sleep. If I can't sleep, from now on I'll go into the living room, turn on one light and read for little bit. This will cut into my news intake, but I'll live.
  • If I eat before bed, it'll be "comfort foods." I can have milk, but not chocolate milk, because chocolate contains caffeine. Vanilla milk it is, then, because I hate the test of regular milk. Tonight I'm also eating tuna salad, but I cut back on the mustard and pickle relish so as to not be getting so much of the spicy/vinegariness. And drinking wine before bed because I think it'll help me sleep is a no-no. Just drinking wine with friends from now on.
  • My old friend essential oils is back. I've found some lavendar, tea tree and mandarin essential oils, which are all supposed to aid in sleep. A few drops of each on my pillows at night should be nice and relaxing.
  • I may try and get my fan up and going in my room again, for the white noise and the breeze. It's still too cold for it to be on in my window, despite the electric blanket.
  • The hardest one of all is going to be the bedtime thing. So... I'm going to attempt to go to bed by 1:00 or 2:00am every night, and get up around 8:00 or 9:00am every morning. This is because I have to be up at 8:00am three days a week, not because I want to be a morning person. And I get more done when I get up in the morning on days when I don't have to be anywhere. And no more naps. And if possible, before bed, I'll do more relaxing things for about an hour. This will have to mean cutting back on random web surfing and schoolwork, and put more of a focus on reading for fun and/or blogging. I've gotta destress if I'm going to handle all of the shit I've got to deal with in the next several weeks.
  • I'm going to go back to putting up an away message when I sleep. The reason I stopped is silly, and typically isn't even worth it.
This should all help me get some more quality sleep and hopefully regain control of my emotions, destress and actually get the work I need to get done, done.

In other news, I tried an egg cream today, and was thoroughly disappointed. I think it might have been too much chocolate syrup (it blends better with the addtional of club soda) or maybe it was the club soda instead of sparkling water. In any case, I'll try it a few more times with a few changes to see if the results improve.

That's all. I should go to bed, in preparation for my new regime. :-)

- Lizzardie, at 2:00 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com