Words of Lizzardie




Monday, April 26, 2004

So I told my parents about my plans. Let me tell you, they sounded pleased. I think that they think I'm screwing up my life, but when have they ever approved of what I want to do, and when have I ever cared (or at least let that stop me). And after talking to Herb, I've figured out how I'm going to move all of my stuff to Boston, other than my double-sized bed which is too big to fit on the top of any car that we'll have (mine, Herb's, and maybe Jeff's). So, if you know anyone who wants to buy a double-size bed and can get it from Ithaca, hey, let me know. It seems the best plan is to sell it and then just buy a new one in Boston.

The highlight of my weekend was Saturday night. I was invited over to Ian's for a barbeque - there was so much food! It was me and Ian and Karen and Alexis and Dan. We had cheeseburgers (complete with slices of tomato!), barbeque chicken, corn on the cob and grilled pineapple (soaked with rum, butter and brown sugar). Then Alexis went and got a bottle of yummy German reisling and we watched a few episodes of Twin Peaks (which is a very weird show). It was a nice evening with some awesome friends. :-)

I'm almost done with the analysis on my project. I'm thisclose. And I will be happy then, even though there's a presentation and a report left to write. I am so looking forward to being done and if you'll be in Boston on May 14th, and want to drink a lot, let me know. Because I'll certainly be there getting trashed (or at least that's what I hope for).

One fun thing about today was the mail. I got something from Herb, which was weird because I usually don't get mail from him unless he tells me he's sending something. I opened it up, and there were these pictures, which looked like they were taken out of some sort of book or pamphlet. The pictures were of baby seals! He's always making fun of me, saying that I club baby seals, and he found this game on the internet called Clubby the Seal for me. Anyway, last week, during one of my periods of flipping out, he told me he was going to send me seals to club, just to make me happy. I kinda blew it off, because of course he couldn't actually send me a real seal and besides what would I do with it (since I obviously wouldn't club it - I saw that on TV last week and was horrified). But it didn't occur to me that he would send me paper seals! He said he was even going to send me a paper club, but figured I would want to use my own. It was a really awesome gesture. :-)

That's my happy story of the day. I have this group paper to write for a class. And project stuff. So I should go and do that.


- Lizzardie, at 10:31 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com