Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Motivation, where are you?

I came to sign into Blogger today, and there was an invitation to try Google's new Gmail, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. So, if you want, feel free to email me at enjones@gmail.com (at least being a tester ensures me a simple and professional address like that, which is not likely to happen later when other E. Jones's start signing up). I figure everyone's talking about it, so if I have an opportunity to try it, why the hell not.

I applied for this job with this NPR show Living on Earth today. Herb found the job posting for me, and it's as a Business Manager. I think I'm underqualified for it, but the pay level is good, it's in Somerville, and it's the sort of position that I want. Herb is REALLY optimistic for me, which I guess is good, because I'm so dejected about the job search right now that maybe someone has to be optimistic. I actually don't think I'm pessimistic, I think I'm being realistic... the honest truth is that most of the jobs I apply for I don't hear anything back about or they send me a form email telling me they aren't going to pursue my application. So, I've learned to not get my hopes up about individual jobs until I get an interview, and, well, those are few and far between these days.

I have an interview this evening via phone with Gotham Consulting. It's the second phone interview with them, because apparently they do two phone interviews before they do a site interview. And then tomorrow I have an interview with Praxair, on campus, that my aunt sorta got me. The former position is in New York City, and the latter in Buffalo (or Tonawanda, really), so you can imagine that I'm not exactly over-the-top excited about either one of them. But, I will think carefully about what I want to do if I get an offer, and even if I were to not take an offer from either of these companies, it would certainly be a morale booster, and I would get a better idea of what sort of salary I should be aiming for.

In the meantime, I have a ton of work to do and a meeting with the project advisors tonight. Fun fun fun...

- Lizzardie, at 4:30 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com