Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, March 23, 2004

I want to go to bed soon, but I'm finishing a glass of wine that I stole from Cat, so I might as well write.

I got back from Boston this evening. It was a nice little mini-vacation because I had nothing better to do and Liz Hartman needed a ride for an interview. We left on Saturday morning at the ungodly hour of 8:00am, because Herb wanted us to arrive at his house so that we could all go to the Harvard Museum of Natural History. We did indeed arrive by two, but of course there was no museum, because no one was motivated enough to get up and go. Eventually we did get up and headed over to Harvard Square, but just to look around for awhile. Jeff wanted to buy the Balderdash board game, so we were on a quest for that. Having failed, we went to Chili's for dinner. Afterwards, we stopped in this sweet store, because Cheryl (a friend of Herb and Jeff's) really likes sugar, as do I. I purchased a few Chupa Chups, along with a magnet button and a bumper sticker thing (which will not go on my car).

The magnet says: "We have charts and graphs to back us up so fuck off."

The sticker says: "I spend 50% of my life looking for my keys."

I feel they adequately sum up my life. Anyway, we went back to Herb and Jeff's where there was a rousing game of Cranium, along with some wine (Ruffino Chianti Classico Ducale, 1997 Riserve - those who know wine know that this is really good Italian wine). Liz Hartman, Cheryl and I (the girls team) gave Herb, Jeff and John (another friend of Herb and Jeff's) a good whooping. Liz and I rock at the word stuff, I can mold stuff out of clay, Liz can hum songs and Cherly rocks at charades. The real victory was in the "Club Cranium" questions where everyone participates and we regularly won. Okay, that's kind of dull. Because Liz had to go to bed, we didn't play anymore games, but we did a few individual Cranium cards for fun after that. Then bedtime, with a plan of getting up early the next morning to go to the Boston Museum of Science.

Sunday came, and, well, no Herb waking up, which meant no Museum of Science. I was pretty annoyed for awhile (I spent several hours awake and ready to go with very little to do - had I known I'd have all afternoon to myself, I might have found something to do), but once everyone was up, Jeff made breakfast (which we ate at 4:00pm) - blueberry pancakes from scratch, scrambed eggs, bacon and sausage. It was really yummy. Then there was some general hanging out and whatnot, before we went to pick Liz up from her interview and went to see Dawn of the Dead. If you like zombie movies, gushing blood and cannibalism, I guess this movie is for you, but not for me. We tried to go to Trivia Night at The Thirsty Scholar, but it had already started and there wasn't a free table in the entire place, so we headed back to Herb's. Herb made dinner for us (spaghetti and meat sauce) and there was more wine and trivial pursuit questions. We all once again went to bed relatively early (especially considering I didn't go to bed the last time Herb visited Ithaca). Today we got up and met Jeff at John Harvard's for lunch, and then headed back to Ithaca.

Every time I go to Boston (okay, Somerville and Cambridge, since we didn't go into the city, other than me having to drive through part of it to get to Herb's), I keep wanting to not leave. I keep thinking to myself, "I can't wait to live here." I try and learn my way around and I take note of what's there and what is cool and what I want to do, etc... I now know my way to Herb's without looking at the directions, and from there can get to Porter, Harvard, Union and Central Squares (and of course he lives at Inman Square). That means I can get to the T, get into Boston, and I know the Park Ave area reasonably well. It is such a fabulous city, and it's probably good that I went there, because it makes me want to get busy and find a job, which is definitely a good thing. I know I'll be there in May to give my final presentation for my project, but I hope other than that, the next time I go is to look for an apartment.

Yeah, so the rest of Spring Break will be project work. The group has scheduled times, and I will be working in the office from 3pm to 8pm every day, which I guess is fine by me, but I think we really need to get together and start putting things together on Thursday. But whatever, I'll continue to do what I can. Hopefully I'll do some cleaning and organizing around here, and get some errands done as well. And sleep! I've been having trouble because of being ill (yes, still sick, it's been more than a week already) but I've gotta stop taking medication to help me sleep. I refuse to get hooked to it. Anyway, time to finish the glass of wine and hit the sack!

- Lizzardie, at 12:48 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com