Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, March 16, 2004

I have no actual "due" work until after Spring Break (which starts Saturday, technically) so I thought this would be a good time to update. There is of course lots of project work and Ryan wants me to update the Tome so yeah, there is stuff to do still.

I've been sick the last few days, gotta love that. I don't know that I should be happy that I got sick at a non-busy time, or if I should be bummed that I haven't been able to properly relax because of the damn illness. I guess I should be happy that I'm not sicker and that it hasn't affected my studies too much.

Project is... crazy, still. Lucky us, the computer decided to go whacko on us and lock out our username, so instead of giving us an administrative password, ADI decided that they needed to see the computer, so we had to ship it back to Boston. It was gone or unusable for an entire week, which is a pretty big setback to us, but most of us will be around for Spring Break, so that is a blessing, I guess. Whee! Lots of work. The computer came back today, so we'll be working hard on that this week, I guess.

Spring Break.... it looks like I'm going to Boston for a few days. I need to get away from here for at least a mini vacation, given my stress level, and Liz Hartman needs a ride there for an interview. So the two Liz's will descend upon the Wyatt House (the name of the house that Herb lives in) for some fun. I haven't figured out any details of this trip, including when we are actually going, but it should be fun.

Other than that... a week and a half ago was Founders Day, so that was good times. Herb, Bolcar and Helen were in town, which is always nice. The weekend was fun, but I think it could have been better had more planning been put into it for our 10th Founders Day. At any rate, I stayed up all night Friday, so I'm not sure how I managed to have fun on Saturday having gotten no sleep. I was surprisingly awake, though. Initiation and lunch at Appel (one of the initiates bonused me in), then Herb and Will came back to my apartment (we were joined a little later by Bolcar) and we watched Conan the Barbarian. As blood spurted everywhere, they cheered and I cringed. Whee. Family Feud came in the afternoon, which was cool, though my family came in 3rd out of 4. The two Herbcar teams took first and second. There were some fun and ridiculous questions, but the setup was really good. The four alumni served as various team captains which worked out well. I brought the alumni back to my apartment after that so that we could get ready for the Banquet at the Statler. We decided that we should give a joint speech, but couldn't figure out what to talk about and how to make it entertaining (keep in mind this is an hour before the banquet). We finally settled on doing the improv game known sometimes as the Oracle or the Three-Headed Monster (4 in our case) where each person says one word at a time to form a sentence. The sentences would answer questions about the chapter fielded from the audience. It turned out really well, better than any of us anticipated, I think, and everyone was really amused. We did a couple of serious questions at the end (out of oracle mode). Food at the Statler was decent, though probably not worth what the banquet cost. There was a party afterwards, at Dana and Alexis's place. Herb and I brought wine, of course, because that's what we do. There's this ridicilous picture of me in a party hat that I'll have to post sometime. And cigars - I smoked cigars with Herb and Bolcar and Will and Caitlyn, which was fun. I didn't get the "good" Cuban cigars (Cohibas) because I'm a girl, apparently, but I did get a Cuban cigar that I enjoyed very much. Cigar smoking is a terrible habit. After the party, Herb and Bolcar and I came back to my apartment to watch a little West Wing and eat DP Dough (Wings over Ithaca was closed). I fell asleep in my chair, only to be rudely awoken and sent to my bed a little while later. My bed was freezing (from keeping the window open a crack) and I did not sleep well that night at all. Ahh well.

So that was Founders Day Weekend. And Spring Break coming up. And me getting better. And poker night tonight (maybe I'll win money!). And meetings. And job hunting (ugh - when will I find something). That's about all.

- Lizzardie, at 3:21 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com