Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Ahh, Wednesday. At least there's a new West Wing on tonight.

I just got done with a phone interview for a company called Gotham Consulting. This interview came about because I finally broke down and started applying for jobs outside of Boston (New York in this case). Less than 2 hours after I sent in my resume for this position, I had an interview. Why does that not happen with all these jobs I'm applying for in Boston? Anyway, it was a case study interview, and I can never tell how those go. It wasn't terrible at least, and the guy seemed genuinely interested in me, so hey, we'll see. I still don't want to live in New York, but I wouldn't be so much with this job because I'd be traveling 4 days out of every week. Ahh, we'll see.

Other than that, life is.... eh. I'm still not feeling well, though somewhat better. Why isn't my amoxicillin making me all better after 2 days? Am I destined to have a sore throat for the rest of my life? Yuck. It's making it hard to get any work done because all I want to do (and need to do, really) is rest. But whatever. I'll just be really tired and rest up this weekend.

My project is making me have violent thoughts again. Just when I was starting to feel like we were making progress.... We met yesterday, and I learned that one of our group members lied to us (or at least to me). Yeah, I just checked... about a week and a half before Spring Break, the one guy emailed us and told us he would not be able to work on the project over Spring Break because his dad bought him tickets to fly to see him in India. No big deal, right, except this was the guy who kept insisting that we would all have to be here over break and we all agreed we would stay to work on the project. But since he had no control over the decision to fly to India, we all understood. Well, yesterday, when we all met up again, we (or I, I can't really tell anymore) learned that he did not go to India over break, he went and partied in DC and Florida with his friends. I want to strangle him. Not only that, but he said he would do work before he left and didn't. And, the rest of the team was supposed to spend time putting everything together over break, but we didn't and everyone started going off and doing their own thing, so I'm very not confident about our results. Argh. I can't wait until this is over.

And now I need a nap.

- Lizzardie, at 12:24 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com