Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, January 14, 2004

I promised an update about the rest of my break, so here goes, because I don't like to break promises.

I really did spend a lot of break sleeping. Sorta. For some reason, I found the need to stay up until 4am most every night and sleep until past noon. My mom was not happy (she was home most of the time I was). I had no motivation to do a whole lot. I did manage, at some point, to go through all of my boxed stuff. That was nostalgic. My stationary collection, memories and awards from h.s., letters that friends had sent me, reminding me of the people I was friends with back in h.s. I miss some of them. I was reminded that while I had a few zany moments, I'm just as serious as ever. I threw a lot of things away. I remembered the books I'd read, and I still can't find A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I remembered how much I loved puzzles. I saw all of the costume jewelry I made at one point, and then there were the memories from Girl Scout Camp - making jewelry, learning about photography, they were fun. The rest of it, not so much. I've always set myself up for disappoint, and, well, most of the time, life does not fail me. I guess that's the way it is.

I saw Jaime while I was home. It's weird, having a friend who's married. I wish her and Jeremy the best, but it's still weird. She's still in school, they play Dungeons and Dragons with their friends... ahh well. I got to see the beautiful wedding pictures, and that was nice. I picked out a bunch for her to scan and get me copies of for the frame she gave me. They came out nice, and it really was a beautiful wedding.

New Years Eve was, as always, non-eventful. It's probably my least favorite holiday. I guess people use it to get drunk and be optimistic and act like they can start over. Maybe I don't really believe in that. I mean, it's just a day, right? How much really changes from 11:59pm on December 31st to 12:00am on January 1st? Not a damn thing. And I treat it that way.

I played some Texas Hold'em tournaments with my dad and his friends (family friends) on New Years Eve and New Years. I won a tournament where the winnings were $60, so that put me ahead by $28 for the two days, which was nice. And given all the celebrity poker I've watched and playing there and trying out new things, I think I'm becoming a better player. I guess I'll find out when Poker Night starts up again.

After 3 weeks at home, I headed back to New York last Friday. I drove to Buffalo on Friday to see my aunt, and then I drove to Rochester on Saturday to see Bolcar and Helen and Nannette. Bolcar and Helen and I had dinner at Friday's, then went back to Helen's and watched The Mask of Zorro. After Nannette got off of work, she and her boyfriend, Adam, came by and all 5 of us went to this nearby bar, which was pretty low-key. We played some darts - Helen and Bolcar beat Nannette and Adam, and then Bolcar and I lost to Nannette and Adam. I stayed at Helen's, so she and I stayed up and talked for awhile, and then Sunday morning/afternoon we met up with Bolcar again to have brunch at The Frog Pond. They had a meal called the Horny Toad (none of us got it). It was really good to see them, especially since now I'm by myself in Ithaca.

All right, that's all for break. Exciting, huh?

- Lizzardie, at 1:20 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com