Words of Lizzardie




Friday, November 28, 2003

I've had a headache for the past 2 days. I've been trying to relax, but of course in this house, it's impossible. There's been a 2-day West Wing Marathon on Bravo, but of course we only get Bravo here downstairs (on the 64-inch widescreen TV, not that it isn't cool) and in my parents' room, so I watch downstairs. But then my sisters and my cousin and my godson come down here and make a lot of noise and I turn up the TV and it's loud and my headache doesn't go away. I finally broke down and bought some Excedrin today, but it hasn't helped. Now I have a one-year-old climbing all over me. *sigh*

I went into the city today. That was not a lot of fun, but at least I was able to find my way around! Tricia, Daven and I went shopping along the Magnificent Mile (Michigan Ave). Given the cold and the people and the stroller and my headache... yeah, not so much fun. Had their been no stroller or had my cousin not been complaining about claustrophobia or had I been by myself.... maybe it would have been okay. In any case, I bought wine at Marshall Field's and that was cool.

Tricia and I had a conversation in the car about how my parents' cooking is really good, but sometimes way too complex. It's like flavor overload. Everything has so many flavors going on that you can't truly enjoy them all. We started last night's dinner off with pumpkin bisque, which filled me up before the real meal (and this was after all these appetizers, including cheese with proscuitto and basil, smoked salmon with some sort of spread, my mom's crab dip and brie and brown sugar and walnuts encrusted with crescent rolls). Real meal included deep fried turkey, bourbon sweet potatoes with walnuts, stuffing with turkey sausage, baked ham, mashed potatoes (that had more than potato flavor), etc..... For dessert there was carrot cake, key lime pie, pecan sweet potato pie, fruit cake, chocolates and of course my mom's pumpkin struessel pie. Note the absence of regular pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, candied yams.... yeah, you get the idea. The sweet potatoes are a good example - I love them, but I'd love to have some regular candied yams, too, you know?

Whatever. I guess I should enjoy it while I can. Back to my Marathon.

- Lizzardie, at 7:43 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com