Words of Lizzardie




Saturday, November 08, 2003

Ahh, Friday night. I actually did go out for awhile, so I'm not an entire loser. My well-thought-out plan of getting a ton of work done tonight, though, has not materialized. Ahh, well. There's always tomorrow. This is the first weekend in awhile that I've had nothing scheduled except doing work, and boy do I need it. I want to get all caught up for the week where I won't be here (due to Boston and Charlotte - how fun will it be if I end up going home for Thanksgiving, too - that's a lot of traveling in about 10 days time).

So anyway, my week has been pretty uneventful, so that's good. Today was kinda exciting, kinda depressing. I came home from class, and there was a package waiting for me! I love packages. It was from my aunt in California, which meant that it was going to be a good package. So I opened it up, and she was very good to me with the belated graduation gift. I got some money (much needed; now I don't have to ask my parents to pay my car payment this month) and a very pretty Tiffany bracelet. The bracelet is large sterling silver beads and it is a very good fit for my small wrists. I like it a lot, and because it's silver, I can wear it often instead of putting it away for special ocassions, which is what I tend to do with gold jewelry.

So the arrival of shiny jewelry brightened my day (as a side note: on Sunday, while souveneir shopping in Toronto, Jeff and Herb were making fun of my fascination with shiny and sparkly objects - I do have a polished rock and gemstone obsession but don't tell them that - and Herb commented that I was going to be one of those wives where my husband will be able to bring home jewelry and thereby get away with anything because my anger will instantly dissipate. I guess I'm not doing very well at proving that wrong). I felt the urge to call my mom, so I did, but not after mailing the boxes I had here for her, since I was supposed to do that months ago and felt I shouldn't call her before I had that done. When I did finally talk to her, I got all the news from home. Update on my grandmother: things are not so good. Apparently after waking up, she fell back into a coma due to a staph infection, which might have affected her abilities to wake up and go to sleep. So now we wait. I also learned that my uncle's dog, Margo, died on Wednesday. She was 13, just like Chloe. And my mom had a conference with Emilee's teacher today, and Emilee apparently hasn't been able to concentrate as well and has been really lethargic lately, starting apparently around the same time that my grandmother went into the hospital. So between the combination of the dog dying, my grandmother being in the hospital and my mom not being around much because of that, it sounds to me like Emilee might be having a hard time. And my mom is taking the loss of the dog really hard - apparently she still thinks that she sees her pretty often. Life is not very cheerful in my family lately.

My mom sounded upbeat given the circumstances, though. My parents are going to Mexico in January, but can't afford to fly me home for Thanksgiving, so in that respect, things are as normal. My mom wants a Christmas list, which I might actually be able to give her this year, and wanted to know when I'd be home for the holidays. For once she didn't talk a lot about work, except to mention the Christmas party, though I guess she's had other things to deal with. And my sister did not give my dad the message that I called on his birthday. Thanks, Rebecca.

Back in Ithaca, things are.... going. It's amazing. It seems like I shouldn't have a lot of work, but I do. And one of my classes is ending! Besides concentrating on classes and my project, I'm trying to just survive here. Big interview Monday, so I'm a bit nervous about that. And I have a bad habit that I really should break that's affecting pretty much everything I do, but I won't go into that here. Except that bad habits are what they say they are - bad.

I guess I'll do some fun Inventory Management reading now. Or maybe work on my take-home prelim for Linear Algebra! Whee, my life as a student is exciting.

- Lizzardie, at 1:20 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com