Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Wheee! In the computer lab for more analysis! I will be so glad when this case study class is over (i.e., tomorrow) but until then there's a lot to do, considering I also have two prelims tomorrow and a problem set, which a take-home prelim being handed out tomorrow as well. What fun.

In other news, I skipped two classes yesterday morning, which brings my skipped classes total for the semester up to 2. Yeah, I've been way too good recently and things have to change. :-)

Weekend was.... blah. I didn't do much of anything, except work on my presentation that went horribly yesterday (though we expected to get torn to shreds). I went to the rush party for a little while, which was over at Ryan's. I am entirely not comfortable going over there, given that he lives with Crystal and I was hoping to never see her again. Ahh well. I was praying that she wouldn't be there, but as I walked up to the door I heard her voice. I considered going back home, but I sucked it up and went inside anyways, proceeding to not make eye contact or purposely go into a room where she was (other than the living room) as much as I could. Yes, I am childish. And even though I was enjoying talking to the people who I did talk to, there was this underlying tension that made me feel uncomfortable there. I asked Demetri to go and get me a drink (soda, of course, no alcohol at rush events) so that I could avoid going into the kitchen, and I didn't see him for the rest of the night (I later made Dana fetch me my drink and she was much more efficient). Then I went home and sulked by myself for the rest of the night because I had not wanted to stay there, yet that's where all of my friends were. Yes, I already said it; I'm childish.

Sunday came and went, except for the part where I went to get food with Demetri at midnight and then proceeded to get into an argument with him about something sorta silly but also something that has been bothering me. We then sat in my apartment for an hour in silence doing work before he went home. Alienating the friends, yeah.

But yesterday was a little better. After the dreaded presentation (I wore new clothes for that at least, yay), I went with Cat, Ian, Ryan and Dan to Rochester to join Delta Alpha people at Jillian's with this gift certificate that Cat had. We played pool and some video games, including some darts and some air hockey. Ryan bought me a drink for skipping class - I got a gin and tonic with nice Bombay Sapphire gin in it, but it tasted more like gin and water with a hint of lime since the tonic had next to no carbonation. But whatever. Then we went to pick up Krispy Kremes for the fundraiser, giving Dan and Bolcar (who we met up with there) their first free samples of right off the belt Krispy Kremes - now they understand. We proceeded to go Jay's to get some food and Helen joined us for a little while, too, so it was a pretty good Rochester trip. We played Mash on the way there and Ghost on the way back so we had a good time, though I had been hoping to get back a little sooner than 1:30am, but hey, I didn't have class until 1:15 today!

I think that brings us up-to-date. Today the following phrase was said to me by an attorney: "Can I tell him you think he's hot and you want bondage?" Yeah, that's the interesting quote of the day! :-)

- Lizzardie, at 2:55 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com